Sign in to follow this  
Spetz83

FF01 drive shaft

Hi guys,

I bent one of the drive shafts on my FF01 today, no, not from excessive power, but from an accident.

Can someone tell me, what drive shafts fit? And what universals fit? I see some TA03 front drive shafts are cheap, will they fit?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I bent one of the drive shafts on my FF01 today, no, not from excessive power, but from an accident.

Can someone tell me, what drive shafts fit? And what universals fit? I see some TA03 front drive shafts are cheap, will they fit?

Thanks

Total guessing here, but possibly something TA01/2?

Yes I know the TA02 parts fit, but universal drive shafts for TA02/FF01 is quite expensive whereas for the TA03 they are much cheaper.

TA03 never had their own specific part, its all the same 1 hopup:-

DSC_8305-640.jpg

...just used all 4 corners

The uprights are the same so they should fit. I fitted aftermarket TA02/FF01 Driveshafts on my TA03F back then, and apart from the fact that I needed a 1mm ring at the axle to reduce play, everything fitted just fine. I think the play was an issue with the part, not the fact that I fitted it to a car it was officially not designed for. I can't check it though, I don't have the car anymore.

considering those universal joints fit on a CC-01 and the CC-01 uses parts which are now also used on the TA-05, I wouldn't be surprised if standard TA-05 drive shafts fit.

I have part number 53172 Universals (there's a couple of sets on ebay) on one of my FF01s, with GPM TA02 uprights and GPM CC01 C hubs (so I can use the standard suspension arms, just needs a mod to the lower mount). It all fits together fine, and seems to run a lot smoother. These TA02 FWD universals should not be confused with TA02 universals (part number 53225) because the TA02 FWD (AKA FF01) has slightly shorter drive shafts due to the extra width of the FWD motor/dif/gearbox unit compared the front diff of the TA02 (hence the 1mm spacer the other poster needed). The FF01 shafts would work on the TA02, albeit with a little bit of play, but used the other way round there is serious risk of jamming everything up.