Sign in to follow this  
roots

Bruiser build up questions

I've been working on my first build of an older 3-speed so any help would be appreciated. I bought a box of parts and I've been working on it for a while now but I have a few questions:

1) My tires aren't the stock tires. Did any other model have these same tires (other than the Mountaineer)? Are there any options out there besides buying used ones from eBay?

2) My rims have holes in them where the hubs should be, are they aftermarket?

3) I don't have any of the tube bumpers. Are there any other options besides buying from eBay? Have you seen the prices on those things lately?

4) The back end of the truck sits a lot higher than the front. Will this level out once the body and mechanism box are put on?

Steve

Thanks for all the information especially about the tires, that's good news for me.

It also sounds like I have genuine Bruiser rims. I had a nice complete Mountaineer before I got Bruiser jigsaw puzzle so I was used to the fully enclosed rims.

And it turns out that the bumpers on eBay right now are waaaay over priced at least compared to the recently sold bumpers.

Thanks again TamiyaDan

Steve

The Bruiser and Mountaineer tires differed from the Blackfoot ones in that they are much harder, not very squishy at all...

James

1) have a look in the bay at nowingu 350441866752, they fit and are softer rubber than the original.

3) prices are down, 10$ for axle and 20$ for transmission :lol: , should have placed a bid yesterday (somebody had a bad day, only 280$ for the whole chassis in parts)

got spare front and rear bumper lying around but without the parts to attach, those are the hardest to find (front ones) or as Tamiyadan says if you are any good with metal DIY :-)

I am finaly in the final fase of putting my bruiser together, this weekend I did the gearbox, ballbearing, shims and gaskets (.25mm) tonight the motor will be reunited. :)

My Bruiser transmission arrived with zero oil or grease in it. I took it apart and greased it.

It's much more fun taking it apart than putting it back together, "hey were did this extra bearing come from?"

I'll try to keep an eye on eBay for the bumpers, I guess I just need a little patience.

I'll try to keep an eye on eBay for the bumpers, I guess I just need a little patience.

have a look at seller rumraisins_ice, I got my bumperparts there, yes just be patient for the right price.

finally finished my restoration (1yr +)

had a nice testdrive, great car :blink:

DSC00606.jpg