Sign in to follow this  
wardos

radio gear wont play

hi guys.total noobie problem hopefully with a quick fix.bought a nitro force about two years ago and finally got it finished!!It came with a futaba T2ER and an r142je reciever,when i connected it all and put batteries in nothing happened,have tried new batteries and crystals but no response.checked for power with one of those circuit testing srewdrivers and it showed power briefly.is something shorting or draing the battery.please help me i'm confused

Have you checked all the little plugs are the correct way around in the receiver? I had this very same problem on a nitro car I had.....almost threw it out the window! Then thought I wonder if it's this!

Main one would be the power one I'd have thought as if it's a 2 pin into a 3 hole, it can go either side and either way around! (reminds me of a girl I went out with once!) :)

Have you checked all the little plugs are the correct way around in the receiver? I had this very same problem on a nitro car I had.....almost threw it out the window! Then thought I wonder if it's this!

Main one would be the power one I'd have thought as if it's a 2 pin into a 3 hole, it can go either side and either way around! (reminds me of a girl I went out with once!) :)

nah the plugs only go in one way.thanks tho!

No problem, just a thought as sometimes if the radio gear is different makes the plugs fit but order of the pins is wrong in the plug

simpliest is check batteries, and double wiring. it does catch people out

disconnect the servo's, use a multimeter and measure the voltage coming out of the reciever to the servo's, think its normally 5v. i believe the output signal is a PWM freq so if you have a freq counter on your meter then see if the freq changes as you increase/decrease the trottle, if that's working then might be an issue with the servo. if you not getting any signal then its an issue with the transmitter or reciever.

never tried this but please do it at your own risk, build a simple crystal radio (without batteries!) and tune it to your transmitter freq 27mhz or whatever and listen if you can hear the transmitter beeps when switch it on and push the trottle or go left right. there is a formula for making an resistor/capacitor tuned circuit, add a diode and capacitor and ear phones and listen. if you can hear something coming from the transmitter then its working, next is might be the reciever. otherwise get a new reciever or get it checked out