Sign in to follow this  
TamiyaVancouver

Aftermarket Falcon R2 & R3 Parts Coming Soon!

Well I received my aftermarket prototype R parts (shock towers) for the Tamiya Falcon. They need a final tweak and they should be good to go. These are much thicker and stronger than the stock parts and are solid as opposed to having openings and ribs. I will be doing a limited run in order to get a few sets for myself and will be selling the remainder to cover my costs for the engineering and production. If you are genuinely interested in a set, send me a PM with your email addy. I will try and get a picture sent off to you asap. Final product will look a bit more refined, but these are pretty close. Hope to have everything including cost finalized in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Mark

Curious to know what your prototypes looked like. I wasn't aware there was a weakness in the towers but rather the annoying damage they did when you took the shell on and off. Perhaps the front towers were far more fragile? On and something to strengthen the front bulk head of the chassis might be a worth a look at too?

James

The Falcon front towers are so weak because there's a project error in my opinion.

The problem is with damper top brass pipe, it's too short (or the top tower post is too large), so when you thigten the screw and nut you squeeze and break the plastic part.

I solved the problem with an handmade longer brass pipe and a nylon nut to avoid plastic squeezing.

Sorry for my poor english...

Kontemax