Sign in to follow this  
MiniManiac

Oh for *#%£ sake!!!

just thought id share my frustration with you gys this morning!![:D]

Having taken hold of a large amount of old Tamiya RC cars before christmas, i have set about restoring them.

I sought the parts outfrom www.modelsport.co.uk which is a great site and i often deal with them.

So on waiting for what seems like an eternity for the parts to get to me having ordered 3weeks ago, i got a package in the post today with modelsport tape on....yippeee a day of finnishing off my MB, BF, Manta Ray and 934.......

But no!!!!

[:(]wheels for the manta ray are still on back order!!!!

[:(]Paint for the 934 are still on back order!!!

[:(]Gears for the BF...guess what...yes on back order.

[:(]so i have tires for the manta ray but no wheels to put them on!

[:(]A half sprayed 934!

[:(]and a blackfoot missing some vital organs!

NO disrespect to modelsport they are great, but ive been waiting far to long for these cars to be restored!

badword i wanna up-date my showroom!

...sorry i was always told its better to share your greef and problems with others. Now i feel better[:D]

modelsport suck - period. they dont have a clue whats going on with Tamiya at all any more, and their delivery/back order process is in the dark ages.

Go to Google and type in "Tamiya parts" and click UK sites, you will find many more people in the UK that will be more helpful.

As I have said before, if you need parts quick then the Tamiya counter in Hamleys is one of the best places to go. If you call Brian on 020 7479 7340 then he can order them for you, if he hasn't got them, and he usually gets the stuff within a week. You can go and pick them up yourself or pay £4.95 to have it delivered to you within 10 working days of him getting the parts, free delivery for orders over £250. The prices are actually quite good for a central london store, most items are RRP. The only bad thing is Brian isn't in on Sundays and Tuesdays and only works between 11am to 6pm, but the other guys are usually quite helpful at helping you out.

Try www.modelsinmotion.co.uk

I ordered Manta Ray wheels from them, they were put on back order and within 2 days they had them back in stock and the next day I had them delivered, so thats 3 days for parts on back order, which is totally amazing. I also back ordered Tamiya TG10 body mounts and got them within 3 days too as they were also back ordered. Also Models in motion have the largest stock of Tamiya spares in the UK and are on of the biggest in Europe for Tamiya parts and hop ups.

Thanx

Jimbo

:)

You want to try and get parts for a Terra Crusher in the UK, still waiting for a universal joint after 4 months!!![|)][|)]

If any of you guys are having trouble getting any current or recently disc Tamiya spare parts and hop-ups let me know.

I can get anything at all really, and would be more than happy to help you lot out.

Hi all, i must agree that modelsport are [:o)] you guessed it, clowns i am still waiting for parts that are on BACK ORDER, this has happened on my last 4 orders and it gets on my wick because they never say on thier web site that parts are on back order, not even at the check out, it sucks sewer water. i will be trying else where from now on. [B)]

www.modelsinmotion.co.uk now has a really well developed customer interface, you can follow your order progress on-line.

The spares though are listed in a listings area as there are over 1500 items in the Tamiya area alone, however I understand that these too are soon to go "inside" the shop soon.

I think they have listened to customers and designed the shop with us in mind, lots of info with good communication.

Hi all, finally got my back ordered items (ordered jan 29), then they tried to charge me again..soon sorted that out. i suppose you cant realy blame modelsport if they are awaiting delivery from the manufaturer but they should still have it on the thier web site if they dont have it in stock..cheers all[:)]

Guest Carsnboats

I received a jiffy bag in the post yesterday morning, my first thought was "what is it? I haven't bought anything for weeks now". Turned out to be a Modelsport back order from 5 weeks ago!

I think there is a disclaimer on their site that states they might be out of stock of certain items from time to time. If I did'nt see it on their site it was the Apex one.

Just thought i would add that, yet a week later and still no sign of my paint, manta ray wheels or BF gears, despite numerous emails and them assuring me they are on their way!

i think if i have to wait much longer, im gona go up to leeds and bash over the head with my blackoot chassis!