If I hadn't used a can of that limited edition Blue/Green Iridescent paint on it I wouldn't be so... attached... to it.

Well, to be quite honest, that's why I'm interested in it... :rolleyes:

If that's the case I'll need the body to run it.

If you want a runner body, perhaps we could swap if it comes to that? Mine's in kit condition.

Well, to be quite honest, that's why I'm interested in it... :lol:

It is a nice colour isn't it?

Arrived today! Cheers :lol:

Wow. That was fast. Glad it got to you safely. It shows that Royal Mail can do things right. Well Done to them. What's your plans for it? Resto? Mod?

Best non-box-art colour for the Avante IMHO... it's sort-of sanctioned by Tamiya as "enhanced box-art" which adds to the appeal.

Wow. That was fast. Glad it got to you safely. It shows that Royal Mail can do things right. Well Done to them. What's your plans for it? Resto? Mod?

Actually it's going to replace my aging Falcon. The drive cups on that car are starting to get to the "dog bone popping" stage, and I was initially going to look at using DT02 parts to see if I can get a more robust configuration. Thing is, given my Falcon is already mostly a DT02 as it is, I thought I might as well go the whole hog. Your chassis wasn't much more than the cost of a set of new DT02 gearbox parts anyway, so suits me just fine.

Going to strip down and repaint the Blitzer shell that's on it, 2.2 rears with HPI Sand Throwers, (possibly a set of Junfac wideners on the back to push out the rear track - but I may not need to do that because the DT02 track is wider than the Falcon one anyway) front wheels from a Fighter Buggy RX and EZRun 8.5 brushless power.

In a word: Beastie!

Cool. What sort of paintjob/livery are you gonna go for on it?

Really just going do what I have on there now, but taking more careful note of the shiney blitzer body. I didn't do enough preparation initially which meant some of the paint has flaked off. It'll be silver, metallic blue flames on the front with STEELRAT custom cali stylee number plates. Only slight problem is that the Falcon rear cage doesn't fit on a DT02, but I may consider making one that doubles as a wheelie bar.

Actually it's going to replace my aging Falcon. The drive cups on that car are starting to get to the "dog bone popping" stage, and I was initially going to look at using DT02 parts to see if I can get a more robust configuration. Thing is, given my Falcon is already mostly a DT02 as it is, I thought I might as well go the whole hog. Your chassis wasn't much more than the cost of a set of new DT02 gearbox parts anyway, so suits me just fine.

Going to strip down and repaint the Blitzer shell that's on it, 2.2 rears with HPI Sand Throwers, (possibly a set of Junfac wideners on the back to push out the rear track - but I may not need to do that because the DT02 track is wider than the Falcon one anyway) front wheels from a Fighter Buggy RX and EZRun 8.5 brushless power.

In a word: Beastie!

I used the DT02 inner and outer drive cups on my Falcon (after drilling the inners to accept the guide pin that goes through the centre of the diff) with CRP dogbones, worked fine for a few runs last year, however I discovered this summer that because the shaft on the inner cups isn't as deep as the originals, it wasn't pressing the diff gears in as tight as it needed. One day it made a horrid grating noise and stopped and I found my planet gears in the diff broken.

What I've done now is to add a washer to sit between the bearing in each half of the gearbox and the gearbox case itself, one on each side to prelaod the diff slightly, this seems to have fixed the problem, and it's not missed a beat since. I even stripped it last weekend to check for and wear and found none. Hope this helps.

It does actually, yes! Thank you.

Have put the old Falcon chassis to one side for the minute while I work on the Bear Hawk, but will definitely have another look at it over the winter.

Oh well... Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and list these up on feePay. :lol:

Like others on here I'm not keen on doing so but, if anyone's interested, make me reasonable offers before Saturday/Sunday. I'm intent on listing everything that evening.

Yep. Sale is still on although I no longer need to sell my Avante. Everything else is still good to go.

Sorry usel;escrapytwit but the Buggy Champ is pending to bromvw.

Adding these two to the mix. A Striker & a Sonic Fighter. Both are built with mostly new parts with the exception of the driver's heads, period servos and MSC. The Sonic Fighter has used wheel but new tyres. The Striker has used front suspension screws. All the rest of the parts are new. Neither has been ran. The paintjobs on both could be better but they were done a very long time ago. No motor or pinion is included. There is a receiver in the Sonic Fighter but no other radio gear. Both have been sitting on my shelf since I'd finished them.

Striker:

This was built as a shelfer from all new parts until I got to the front suspension. I found that I was missing the long screws that hold them together. Fortunately I still had another Striker chassis which was broken in half around the usual point. The front suspension was intact so I just raided the screws from it. The MSC was also from a Striker, incidentally it's from the original kit I'd got back in 1988, and I changed out the old broken ceramic resistor for a new one. Basically every other part in this build came from new parts trees and screw bags. The paintwork was something I'd done when I first got the body set years ago. As such the paint could do with sanding and redoing if you want it to be perfect. I bought some decals a few months after I got the body set but then I packed them somewhere safe, so safe that I can't find them even to this day. The driver & cockpit need painting. One screw is needed for the servo saver.

Pics!

CIMG1278.jpg

CIMG1279.jpg

CIMG1282.jpg

CIMG1284.jpg

CIMG1283.jpg

£150 (+ P&P) ono please!

Sonic Fighter:

This was built by someone other than me... well, mostly. I got it on eBay from the guy who built most of it. He sold it because he couldn't complete it. I bought it because I just so happened to have all the missing parts, all new on their sprues. The only thing missing was wheels. I recently bought another Sonic Fighter which looked like new but the wheels had been put on back to front then over tightened. As such one of the rear wheels is a bit black and damaged around the screw point. It's not enough to notice once the flanged nuts are on and definitely doesn't affect rotation either. Paintwork was done by the previous owner. The decals were applied by him too. I'm just missing two screws, one screw which is to hold the driver's head on and one for the inspection cover. Again the driver and cockpit need painting.

Pics!

CIMG1270.jpg

CIMG1271.jpg

CIMG1276.jpg

CIMG1277.jpg

Missing Screws

CIMG1275.jpg

CIMG1274.jpg

Wheel Issue

CIMG1273.jpg

£150 (+ P&P) ono please!

Or, as an offer, hows about £250 shipped within UK (or £270 shipped worldwide) for both?

There's than 90 minutes left before all auctions are over. Kinda the last chance to check 'em out and place a bid. :)

edit:

Message to Mods. All auctions are now finished. Please close this thread. Thanks, J.