Sign in to follow this  
lindorf

Holiday Buggy 2010 .. is it any good ?

I am on the fence here .. is the re release any good .. or is it worth holding on trying get an original .. HELLPPPPPPP !!!!

Thank you :(

Expect a mixed response !!

As a runner/basher the rere wins hands down..

more modern chassis

bigger wheels

easy parts availability

Compared to the original though..

loads of debate about the width of the front axle (track width)

the rere body has holes in the 'bonnet' to accomodate the shock tower

its not easy to paint the rere body, lots of prep work required and paint compatibility is crucial

to those that know the original the rere is more often than not regarded as a poor immitation

All depends what you want - the original has an element of nostalgia and the whole expereince of buying, cleaning, finding replacement parts , and the vintage performance and feel is what lots of people want.

I get just as much fun from the buying and 'restoration' element as i do running the things.

If you want it to look good on a shelf, get an original (shouldn't have to hang on for long, unless you want an NIB), if you actually want to drive it, definately get a re-re :(

Currently a vintage one on UK ebay, starting at £60 - Item number: 250886622333

It didn't sell last week (starting at £65, no bids), but others, in boxart, did for £70-80. Battered cars / rolling chassis seem to make arounf £35-45 + postage, and then you probably need another £50-60 in parts, and some time n effort, to get them somewhere near good condition.

You're probably looking at £90-£110 outlay for a vintage car up n running.

I guess i will want to use it at some point.... i can see this been a case of getting both here lol :unsure:

Probably but if you only want occassional light use from a vintage car, and have others cars to run when you are off the road awaiting spares, then you'll be OK with just the original.

Yeap i see your point.. i just love the looks of it.. its got that i want top be thrashed look heheh

I am on the fence here .. is the re release any good .. or is it worth holding on trying get an original .. HELLPPPPPPP !!!!

Thank you :unsure:

If i were u, i would buy both:

-The vintage for Shelf Queen

-The Re-Released for playing with it...

;)

Another Valid Point... much to ponder ... or should i throw a spanner in the works and get a Fast Attack Vehicle instead lol

Another Valid Point... much to ponder ... or should i throw a spanner in the works and get a Fast Attack Vehicle instead lol

you know you'll buy the FAV anyway, so buy that as the runner and a vintage HB for the shelf (occassional use)

In a word... YES! Have you checked the re-re section? This is pretty well covered in there. I'd put my money on the rerelease... Well I did and I'm still lovin it.

Now stop fannying about and go buy one :unsure:

Hehehehehe

So what your saying is now get the RE RE Now!

I guess i could re spray the yellow wheels and cover the shock tower holes

Guess have to look at this way ...

The Orig Holiday Buggy is like Buggy Snr... and re release is Buggy Jnr... they have differences but deep down they both have some of the same DNA

I just recently put together both a fast attack and the holiday buggy....I say if you are going to want something to take off road and beat on a little bit the holiday buggy hads a modern chassis and is sutied better for off road and jumping... and the fast attack is just cool to ride around and not beat on to much.

I think im leaning towards starting with a RE Release ..cause i am aiming on giving it some running

I have both: 2 originals and 3 re-res. One original built and one semi-built, one re-re runner, one shelf-queen and one in the box for spares.

The built up original only gets light use, and is fun but not that capable. The re-re is much more capable, but not that robust. Both look good on the shelf, but the original is better. You don't realise how much much better until you see them side by side in the flesh.

See i want to run it .. and the open gear box on the orig is a worry .. has this proved a problem for you .. is there a way to cover it ?

Nice Vids.. I still not sure which to get .. but for my running i will be doing, which will be hard, a RE RE may be best bet .. as i dont wanna damage an orig.. but i can see me owning both in the future.

Getting the re release by far is your best option. Its cheap, massive fun and all spares are available everywhere.

The old HB might look more the part but lets face it its old, tierd and drives like a big bag of pants.

Plus if you what to put more than a snail motor in it wil break and break some more.

The re re as you know is on the excellent easliy upgradable DT02 chassis, stick some oil dampers on and ball race it plus a sport tuined motor and you have a car that will put the widest grin on your face everytime you drive it.

People going on about narrowing the track only completely ruin a top handling car, and if it doesn't handle properly or drive right how can that be a good thing

Plus there are currently now 7 different body shells that are available for the DT02 chassis :)

Lets face it, the re re is a no brain'er :D

Well i can confirm by around 14th September a choice will have been made and one or the other type will be winging its way to me (wages , bills , roof falling down permitting ) :)