Jesse James

Madcap parts help

Hey guys

just looking for some options for replacement / substitute parts on the madcap, the front hubs etc are known to be fragile, im wondering if anyone has found a current replacement, ie do tfr201 front hubs fit etc, i know its not purist, but the D-parts can be hard to find and expensive and if they keep breaking then theres no point driving the thing, does anyone know of other substitues also, i know theres universals available but again, rare/expensive, do any moden cars have unis that fit like the df02 units fit the df01

thanks in advance for any help

Are you breaking the steering knuckle or the "C" hub that the steering knuckle swivels in ?

If this is what you need, it is the C parts tree ?

Sorry, I can't help with substitute parts. You will have to be careful with any substitute C hub potentially fouling on the lower arm as there is not much room there. I will keep an eye on this thread with interest. Good Luck.

hi there. i have a madcap runner, and a TRF201. visually looking at the two, i would say its a 99% chnace you could run TRF201 hub carriers on a madcap. the TRF are a bit narrower though, on the bottom hinge pin connection, you would need to shim them with plastic bushes to stop them moving fore and aft. The TRF uses captured pin connections at all the joints, the madcap uses the screw pin. screw pin should be fine to connect the hub axle (white bit) to the TRF carrier, you may just need to slightly drill the hole bigger, or it may be fine. the upper tie rods from the madcap should screw in fine, there are two mounting hole points on the TRF carrier.

i have given up running vintage cars, i found it too frustrating, with the bad handling and constant breakages...the TRF201 is amazing..its such a fun car to drive, its very very robust, handles perfectly, and goes like a cut cat, mine has a 8.5 brushless motor on lipos. case in point i ran two batteries one day atthe track, a fella came down with an old kyosho lazer, and within 2 laps he had popped a drive shaft, snapped the wing off, then about 4 laps later snapped the shock tower off. between those times he got about two laps in without the buggy being on its roof. LOL

I'm sorry this is not really true. The rear Blitzer hubs are internally different from Madcap ones. The difference is the lenght of the axle, shorter in the Blitzer. Madcap uses longer axles like Astute ones.

This is not bad anyway because with these parts you can use common CVD shafts and axles or Universal Joint shafts and axles that fits in most of the Tamiya cars such as Thundershot series, Hot Shot series and so on.

Kontemax

The Stadium Blitzer uses the same front and rear hubs as the Madcap/Saint Dragon. You need the C parts like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=380346946666

Antony

Sorry, I know this is an old post but since I have found a solution i thought id update the post to help others. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jazrider-Aluminum-DT-03-Front-C-Hubs-Hub-Set-For-Tamiya-DT02-DT03-Chassis/253803700882?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used the above link - DT03 Front C Hubs Aluminium for DT03 & 2 chassis - they fit fine all over. Fairly similar to  what @merckx  mentioned

They seem to fit well but require a spacers/shimming to align and stabilise. Pics added. You NEED TWO!!!! They sit ever so slightly higher than the originals - so if you have one you may have an unbalanced ride.

I had to use threaded screws to bolt on the arm, used hornet plastic bolts to keep them fixed. 

IMG_20190211_200900.jpg

• Like 1