VTRSP1

2011 ReRe Sand Rover build up

Where can I buy this kit??? Does any one know if there will be specials like T shirts or some other only for the first few promotional offer?

Cheers

Paul

From stella?

Nothing special, only 8pcs of ball bearings

Looking good.

I am interested in what you have done with the shocks. The manual for the HB2010 has the rubber tube inside the shock body, rather than visible under the spring. Is the manual different for the SR, or is there an advantage to setting them up this way?

The manual is almost same for both the HB n SR, though the instruction of the shock on the SR asked that you cut additional pieces of the rubber tubing and installed them on the shaft too.

The only reason i can think of is to limit the travel, if not, the tires will be rubbing on the bodyshell.

Woah, that looks a lot better (re: rear shocks) than I thought.

Might need to own one.

Nice purchase! Must admit I have a feeling for the older model, but I am expecting to have a look at the mods to see how much I really like the 2011 version. I hope you will find a good combination of tires and wheels. The body itself has lots of potential for a scale Manx VW. Keep the pictures coming, mate! :mellow:

The manual is almost same for both the HB n SR, though the instruction of the shock on the SR asked that you cut additional pieces of the rubber tubing and installed them on the shaft too.

The only reason i can think of is to limit the travel, if not, the tires will be rubbing on the bodyshell.

Thanks - makes sense..

So, I really want to get me a new Sand Rover 2011, but I'm looking at the Sand Viper, and it already has the 540, Oil Shocks, and the tires and wheels that I want, plus the adjustable turnbuckles...

Is there anything different on the Sand Rover that I'd need to just switch bodies? I'd much rather just buy a Sand Viper, and put a Sand Rover body on it so it would already have all the hopups needed!!

Hi all, Thanks for viewing this thread, will try not to be to long winded with the build,

1st, as the SR2011 is based on the entry-level buggy, DT-02, it is rather a easy build, i completed up the main chassis in abt 2hrs, minus all the electronics...

2nd, like my HB2010, i will be modding the wheel width down to have they within the body arches...those interested.. please check the links below for the guide

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...6&sid=31105

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry416027

3rd, as this shell is the normal plastic shell, i will try to mod and cover both the front & rear suspension holes

lastly, i will add any more mod i might do...

once again, thanks for viewing and all comments welcome

regards,

VTRSP1, Des

Tamiya Tim, you can use the Sand Viper chassis for the Sand Rover 2011- and Holiday Buggy 2010-bodies, but you will need to get additional body mount posts. These should be sold as spare parts soon, along with the bodyshell, headlights, decals, driver figure and some more parts I forgot. Some screws used for the mounts may differ from those included in your Sand Viper kit, too, so it's always useful too have some spare screws left from other kits.

Actually I went the other way around when my Holiday Buggy 2010 bodyshell broke - I ordered Sand Viper parts as hop ups.

Just got mine a couple hours ago and it's all together almost just need to put in a servo and the electrics!!

Placing the body on the chassis though I have to say the chassis fits the holiday buggy much nicer the sand rover looks out of place wheel base and just floats over the chassis you can see under the body from the side and see the buggy chassis whole inside top surface view ... just don't look right kind of just plopped on ... and the suspension travel due to the body is very limited not to much suspension travel with the Rover 2011 so if your wanting one don't plan on it being a jumper or off roader because with the suspension it won't do good...best bet would be a holiday buggy if you want a old style buggy you can kind of bash on.

Now what color to paint this sucker!!!

post-11941-1317681560_thumb.jpg

Suspension update... I MUFFED UP THEY GIVE YOU 2 REAR BODY POSTS I PUT THE LONG ONE IN (white car) AND A SHORT ONE (green car) the longer post is probably if you want to take out the rear shock limiters so you can have full suspension travel.Well this is how it looks fully compressed down... I see why they used the limiters in the shocks as the front is close when you turn the wheels fully and compress the suspension ...BUT look at the rear it's way far away from the tires rubbing????? I am probably going to remove the rear limiter all together because it looks like you don't need it at all in the rear...if anything if it rubs without the limitter i will put a small section of the rubber hose on the rear so it works and won't hit the body but will give you more rear suspension travel.

post-11941-1317683857_thumb.jpg

post-11941-1317775808_thumb.jpg

Well, that's a candidate for a trip to the shop for some .5mm styrene sheet and some side skirts for the chassis being made up.

Well, that's a candidate for a trip to the shop for some .5mm styrene sheet and some side skirts for the chassis being made up.

:( Great idea i have some black sheet laying around to!!

well mines all done just have to paint the body and screw all the body stuff on..... I was going to go with the tamiya orange but like always i have to be different so i am going to use the lime colored green tamiya makes and i may put my holiday buggies black wheels on it and use the white ones on my red holiday buggy.

more photos ..side shot with correct rear body post (short one)

and i also painted the rear of the buggys gear box with flat aluminum so it looks like a motor.

post-11941-1317775914_thumb.jpg

post-11941-1317775925_thumb.jpg

post-11941-1317775935_thumb.jpg

Looking good! I am just a bit concerned about the front wheels so far forward in relation to the fenders of the bodyshell?

Looking good! I am just a bit concerned about the front wheels so far forward in relation to the fenders of the bodyshell?

yea that's the ugly part about it...holiday buggy body fits the buggy chassis much better.

Oh my, haven't seen this yet!! Have 2 on pre-order for myself and my son. By the looks of it I might just get more. I now have a great line up of Dt-02 buggies, Desert Gator, Holiday buggy 2010, Holiday buggy red ed, Super Fighter GR and this will complete a nice line up. Neo my son has the Neo Falcon so all in all, 6 or so.