Sign in to follow this  
VinceVegaUK

4WD Buggy Tires

Hay All,

I plan to start racing my DB01 again soon but will probably wait to see what Tyres the locals use before i invest. In the mean time can anybody recommend some good all purpose Tyres, and what size do i need? I guess i will need some new foam inserts too!?

I will be mostly running on Tarmac that has a loose stones and the odd dusty patch but may venture to gravel and hard compacted dirt and short grass. I cant actually believe that im still running on bald stock tires, but oddly enough on clean tarmac/concreate paving the act like grippy slicks since the rubber is so soft. Something that will last a bit too im running a 5.5 brushless with 20c lipos and it goes like stink!

Thanks

VV

p.s

Any one know where i can get a bumper too!?

I am surprised you are still running the stock tires too Vince! LOL I think these are the only bumpers out there for your DB01:

http://www.t-bone-racing.com/

They are durable and have saved my buggy against many direct post hits. The only downside is that they do take away a little ground clearance, and they do wear out (like anything else though).

All of the tracks by me are loose dirt so I have been battling to find the exact opposite of tires you are seeking.

Good luck!

What about Pro-Line Dirt Hawgs? There're three varaints, I think...one for stadium trucks, one for buggy rears and one for buggy fronts.