wongy008

My 2011 Avante

Well here it is after a very slow build my own version of the 2011 avante.

I bought all the paint to complete it Box art but had a change of heart very last minute. Its not like it was a brand new build of the original so i thought to badword with it i'd do mine with a slight difference

ive seen a few 2011 built up and not seen one in this scheme yet and i personally think the colour scheme i went for works well with the 2001 wheels

comments always welcome good and bad

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

now all i need is a Ps23 Egress to go next to my Top Force Evo and this 2011 Avante......

• Like 6

That looks freakin awesome, mate!

Congrats with one of the best looking Avantes I have seen.

I'm currently in the process of painting my 2011 Avante, and I chose the green metallic. I also have bought a new body set for my original Avante, and if you don't mind I'll use the same colour as you. BTW what colour is that? Tamiya PS-?? Or is it some other brand?

Tom

:-D Thats a nice looking car.

Mine is still clear, but i had think of gunmetal. Looks good, but now i has to consider other too... ;-)

thanks guys for the comments guys. its been the slowest built R/C ive ever done but i think the results were worth it

i know the tires are wrong but they were a direct swap with my 2001 shelfer which obv now sport the orangey/yellow wheels and spike tires.

i did want a set of blue shocks ( possibly from dyna storm ) or grey hi caps but i ran out of funds.

The colour is Tamiya PS-23 gunmetal.

And those who want to spray theirs the same colour. I cant stop ya. its a off the shelf tamiya paint. Just remember who did it first lol B))

And those who want to spray theirs the same colour. I cant stop ya. its a off the shelf tamiya paint. Just remember who did it first lol B))

Don't worry ;-) It won't be as shiny as yours.... Remember it's a race driven original issue Avante with a "swiss cheesed" upper and lower chassis, and lots of very worn parts. I don't want it to look new (thats what my Avante 2011 is for), so even if I could buy new re-parts for it, I won't. I want to keep it's "race heritage". It's actually in bits and pieces now, as I did a full clean of it just yesterday. You cannot imagine how dirty it was!!!!

Tom

Looks great , nice job . I still need to get avante 2011 to go with my 1988 .

thanks guys for the comments guys. its been the slowest built R/C ive ever done but i think the results were worth it

i know the tires are wrong but they were a direct swap with my 2001 shelfer which obv now sport the orangey/yellow wheels and spike tires.

i did want a set of blue shocks ( possibly from dyna storm ) or grey hi caps but i ran out of funds.

The colour is Tamiya PS-23 gunmetal.

And those who want to spray theirs the same colour. I cant stop ya. its a off the shelf tamiya paint. Just remember who did it first lol ;))

Amazing,,,specially the white rims from the original Avante give the car a unique character....:)

cooool man

PS-23 is a great colour, and looks great with the white wheels.

Can't go wrong with any of the Tamiya pearl metallics, box art PS-16, or PS-17 metallic green.

Metallic green would look nice, but would look a bit "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!" with the yellow wheels. It would need white wheels too.

Anyone considered doing an Avante in a flip colour yet? I might do that...

- James

:) I love that color!!

how do you guy's get the photos to show up big in your posts?

post-11941-1316053834_thumb.jpg

Use photobucket or imageshack it's free . As i have just started this my self

thanks too mtbkym01 advice . So look for your self .

gunmetal is a nice color for RC polycarb shells. For 1:1 gun metal flat plaint is not so nice in my opinion. Is find is OK with RC body because the shell over the paint gives it a shine vs paint over shell does not provide the shine if the is a flat color. I guess any flat color for cars is not so nice for my taste. I like the color, but I used gunmetal for my HPI 240Z last year already...so beat you to it except you are likely the first to use on an Avante....

Use photobucket or imageshack it's free . As i have just started this my self

thanks too mtbkym01 advice . So look for your self .

:)

with fear of being repetitious:

That looks ******* awesome!

Mine's still in the box, it will be built but body will be a difficult decision.

If you do eventually go for alternative shocks (not that I think it's necessary), I think the grey Hi-Caps will look better than the blue sleeved versions...

Hi Wongy008

Did you have problems with the rear gearbox gears binding????? Or being tight???

Just curious as i had to change my gear set over to a Vanquish .

Super nice though.

On 13/09/2011 at 7:40 PM, wongy008 said:

Well here it is after a very slow build my own version of the 2011 avante.

I bought all the paint to complete it Box art but had a change of heart very last minute. Its not like it was a brand new build of the original so i thought to badword with it i'd do mine with a slight difference

ive seen a few 2011 built up and not seen one in this scheme yet and i personally think the colour scheme i went for works well with the 2001 wheels

comments always welcome good and bad

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

now all i need is a Ps23 Egress to go next to my Top Force Evo and this 2011 Avante......

Where did you get the 2001 wheels? the car looks awesome!!!