Singapore_959

2011 Tamiya Euro Finals

Its odd because I can see many things that are not legal here in Japan for TCS.Lipos are the main thing,but some of the "M" chassis bodies are not, along with the Mix of F104W and F104. F104W chassis are not allowed for TCS at all.

But its a very good report,thanks for posting it

Thanks Bkj :mellow:

Yes, few diffs here.

Now about these bad boys

SAM_0466.jpg

These are the batteries TT Stock, F.Buggy, M-chassis and Gentlemen have to use, and had to buy here.

There has been alot of general unhappiness about these cells (hey, I guess there had to be something ppl would not like!). Why?

- because everyone has lipos

- ppl would prefer to spend their money on lipo cells if they HAVE to spend their money on new batteries

- the cells SEEM old to many and some gave such low voltage and racers complained/tried to swap

Since voltage testing is common in many races it's interesting that this was not done instead here and lipos for all.

The organisers said the cells just needed to be cycled.

And the cells are cheaper than lipos (F1 and GT class) hence fits the lower cost image of the TT, mini, buggy, GM.

they look like generic china packs usually found in RTR combos... :) could've at least sourced decent iP or similar race cells

were they priced "cheap" ?? :mellow:

mandatory controlled tyre & lipo packs for the other classes too?

SAM_0559-1.jpg

they look like generic china packs usually found in RTR combos... :) could've at least sourced decent iP or similar race cells

were they priced "cheap" ?? :)

mandatory controlled tyre & lipo packs for the other classes too?

SAM_0559-1.jpg

Depends on your definition of cheap. All of the racers who discussed the cells with me thought they were not worth the price at all and viewed them as throw aways after the race.

F1 and GT had Gens Ace lipo's as control cells, and these are the total opposite - outstanding value for money cells.

Yes, control tires all around. Thankfully they were preglued.

I spent many hours in the last 2 days editing all the posts for links to a new photo album but less than 48hrs later there have been 49,000 views of the photos somehow :o :o :unsure: and now that account is frozen too! So I am going to have to pay for the account to go to pro for a year. :lol:

Has anyone paid photobucket before? I am trying to see what payment method they take but can't find it anywhere.

I can't believe how many photo views there have been. Combined with the 4 day race period that's over 70,000 combined views :lol:

Depends on your definition of cheap. All of the racers who discussed the cells with me thought they were not worth the price at all and viewed them as throw aways after the race.

F1 and GT had Gens Ace lipo's as control cells, and these are the total opposite - outstanding value for money cells.

Yes, control tires all around. Thankfully they were preglued.

I spent many hours in the last 2 days editing all the posts for links to a new photo album but less than 48hrs later there have been 49,000 views of the photos somehow :lol::):) and now that account is frozen too! So I am going to have to pay for the account to go to pro for a year. :lol:

Has anyone paid photobucket before? I am trying to see what payment method they take but can't find it anywhere.

I can't believe how many photo views there have been. Combined with the 4 day race period that's over 70,000 combined views :unsure:

Ping me if you like and I can upload them to my high bandwidth server, you can direct link them from there if you want? It's not an album so you'll need to link/embed them in a post for people to browse them but bandwidth won't be an issue.

TC username at gmail dot com or just PM me.

Ping me if you like and I can upload them to my high bandwidth server, you can direct link them from there if you want? It's not an album so you'll need to link/embed them in a post for people to browse them but bandwidth won't be an issue.

if you have hotmail you probably dont know it but you can use skydrive, photobucket is rubbish for doing this, it happens on all the forums i go to, skydrive is the way forward :D

Thank you djmcnz :lol: That's a very good offer and I appreciate it. It would mean I would have to change all the image link addresses tho, and I've already done that one and it was a pain. I've bitten the bullet and now paid for 1 year pro hosting on pb.

Enjoy the photos. It was a cool trip and I recommend racing to everyone. It's fun!

if you have hotmail you probably dont know it but you can use skydrive, photobucket is rubbish for doing this, it happens on all the forums i go to, skydrive is the way forward :lol:

Thanks - I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it. It's good to know!

Thank you djmcnz :lol: That's a very good offer and I appreciate it. It would mean I would have to change all the image link addresses tho, and I've already done that one and it was a pain. I've bitten the bullet and now paid for 1 year pro hosting on pb.

Enjoy the photos. It was a cool trip and I recommend racing to everyone. It's fun!

Glad you got it sorted, this is an awesome post, thanks so much!

Great thread and thank you for taking all the time and effort to post it all up.

:)

Thanks Bkj :)

Yes, few diffs here.

Now about these bad boys

SAM_0466.jpg

These are the batteries TT Stock, F.Buggy, M-chassis and Gentlemen have to use, and had to buy here.

There has been alot of general unhappiness about these cells (hey, I guess there had to be something ppl would not like!). Why?

- because everyone has lipos

- ppl would prefer to spend their money on lipo cells if they HAVE to spend their money on new batteries

- the cells SEEM old to many and some gave such low voltage and racers complained/tried to swap

Since voltage testing is common in many races it's interesting that this was not done instead here and lipos for all.

The organisers said the cells just needed to be cycled.

And the cells are cheaper than lipos (F1 and GT class) hence fits the lower cost image of the TT, mini, buggy, GM.

They should just run Tamiya Life batteries that what they will have to run here,if they win a ticket with lipo then they have to completely change set up. That is why it is so hard for People other than Japanese to win the Tamiya world championships.

Its not the drivers it the fact that nobody runs Tamiya rules outside of Japan.