Sign in to follow this  
Bag Of Badgers

I stood in somethin lucky!

Been away from TC for a while, life outside RC has been a bit wild for many months! Well I’m back and I have a few (too many!) projects to start and finish. I have had a few vintage Tamiya projects on the back burner for a while now, well about 2 years, truth be told.

Well, popped into my local model shop, to see if my long awaited wheels had arrived for my Slash and the Twin ESC from Tamiya, NOPE, suppliers, got love them. While looking over the stock he had in the shop and commenting about his NIB KIT 58143 that he keeps baiting me with every time I go in I spotted that he had boxes for and Egress, Bear Hawk and what looked to be a NIB body set for an Avante 2001. Knowing what a wind up merchant he can be I just joked about it only for him to produce an Egress with the aforementioned Avante 2001 body on it, a completely unmolested with decals in packet Egress body and a Bear Hawk with Hi-Cap dampers on it. Had a look over them to see what was needed and this is what I found:-

Egress, needs a new rear drive shaft and a dam good clean, not too much work, Futaba ESC needs a reset and has a DYNATECH 02H motor and spare Brush set.

Bear Hawk, has its original lower front shock mount in place instead of the correct Hi-Cap on one side, needs a clean and new tires.

So all in all not bad, handed over some cash and went home a very, very happy bunny. When I got home found nothing else.

Had to pop back in yesterday for something else only for him to produce a original SS, needs a bit more work, new rear cage, bumper (don’t they all?), tires (he gave me a set of rears that he knocking about), electric gubins and a good clean to make it a good runner. The body has a few cracks in and has a sort of narrow boat paint job on it, the good lady wants to keep the style, so that is going to be a challenge.

The price for all this, I am embarrassed to say £320!!!!!!! He knows that am not going to flog it all on the bay and I have been a good customer.

So the projects I have to do.

3 Foxes to make 2

A Hotshot 2 with HP shock kit that needs a strip and rebuild.

3 Falcons to make 2

An original Boomer with Winger body that needs a strip and restore.

2 Monster Hi-Lux racers that need a strip and gearbox rebuild (slipping).

A DF03-RA that needs finishing off.

The Egress, strip and rebuild, Avante 2001 body for run outs and Egress body for show?

Bear Hawk, strip and rebuild.

And last but not least the SS, restore!

That should keep me busy over the winter.

ATB Matt

Well that’s the mechanism and receiver box sorted. Onwards and upwards.

Your one lucky lucky man , by the time i've finished my current blitzer build and fitted a decent brushless motor and ecu i'll have spent almost as much as that , going green with envy lol

I know what you mean, i have had some money pits before :mellow: .

Just sorted the Bear Hawk, new Hi-Cap plastic kit on the way and the Egress has some new drive shafts coming.

Biding on another SS for some of the bits I need, think this is going to be one of the longer term projects, as the little lady has to put a 55 turn motor in her Kinght Hauler before we start on this. I just like to get all the parts i need before I start stripping and restoring.

ATB Matt