Sign in to follow this  
Origineelreclamebord

ARRMA!

I haven't seen any of them around just yet, but it may happen pretty soon: The cars of ARRMA. The brand anounced itself almost a year ago, soon after it introduced 4 or 5 more variations on the same chassis. From then, it was pretty silent around the brand. However, I saw they posted videos of their models on youtube 5 days ago, the website is updated and has the full specs etc. are listed. There are a couple of websites like Tresrey (the Team Durango aftermarket part manufacturer) are listing these for sale.

A pretty simple and versatile chassis it seems, RTR, clearly aimed at the market for bashers, and to a part of the Traxxas users. It has taken the usual feature from Traxxas by making it waterproof, but they added a few small things to the overall kit like a transmitter that works for left and right handed people (which is patented I believe), a lower battery lid so you don't have to pop the shell off (not new but Traxxas don't have it in their 2WD lineup) and most importantly, scale looks!

Tresrey is listing the models for 27300-28350Y (+/- 267-277 euros). Unfortunately not brushless, but I think these will be released soon if they are really serious about taking their cut of the basher market.

A small something I noticed... They use Dboots tires on their cars, which by coincidence is also kind of being promoted by Team Durango. I checked the contact information on all three manufacturers, and guess what: It's the same adress on all three of them. So I guess this is 'Team Durango's' answer to Traxxas (and HPI?), and their way to make their RC business easier to sustain in the long term (as a high end brand alone could struggle in these economical times - and TD has already been cutting on the sales price of their cars if you look at the spec and price of the DEX210 and DEX410v3).

I'm pretty excited to see these finally hit the market :) They are not extremely innovative, but the design seems to tick the boxes needed for a nice, scale-ish looking basher - Tamiya is really missing out on this market with good value for money bashers I think.

Rolex doesn't have an offering into the Swatch/Casio market... maybe its better (for them) that way! :)

I just got the latest flyer from Tower Hobbies... the Raider is on the cover. $199 RTR.

First thing to do: toss that ugly body in the trash bin. The chassis looks so much better without it.

These looks nice. The racing trucks seems 90-ish vintage, while the buggies seems to be a mix of new and old school style, like the Kyosho Ultima DB. Love them. What a pitty they all are RTR. I would like to build one.

The ADX-10 looks pretty fruity.

No dealers here in UK yet though.

Mark

Pretty cool, but it's sad that they won't be available in kit form ;)

I hate RTR paint jobs, I don't care much for RTR radio gear, and I like to build stuff myself to be sure that it's done right.

Yes, I would much prefer a kit too. Maybe they'll release a hopped up team version in kit form.

Yes, I would much prefer a kit too. Maybe they'll release a hopped up team version in kit form.

I doubt it: Arrma is from the same company that also owns Team Durango, so they won't release a 'Team' version/competition spec car. I also seriously doubt they'll make a kit version of the chassis in whatever spec, though I'd love to be proven wrong on that! :D

I just got the latest flyer from Tower Hobbies... the Raider is on the cover. $199 RTR.

First thing to do: toss that ugly body in the trash bin. The chassis looks so much better without it.

shell doesn't look too bad, kinda like Baja 5B inspired. Pity its held on with SCREWS though.

$199 doesn't sound too cheap vs Himoto @ $139 RTR.

Arrma has 2.4 (nifty TX design) but still brushed motor & ESC.

Sounds annoying that the battery compartment will not easily fit a brick lipo.

URC's Jang has reviewed it...

shell doesn't look too bad, kinda like Baja 5B inspired. Pity its held on with SCREWS though.

$199 doesn't sound too cheap vs Himoto @ $139 RTR.

Arrma has 2.4 (nifty TX design) but still brushed motor & ESC.

Sounds annoying that the battery compartment will not easily fit a brick lipo.

URC's Jang has reviewed it...

I don't think the body is a real issue if you can keep the body on most of the time. I do find it pityful as well that a more chunky LiPo won't fit in there. However, a Shorty LiPo will fit in there if the wires exit i the right direction ;) What I really don't understand is why they didn't supply foams to fill up the sidepods: It would've been cheap for them to do and looks much better than a DIY job. It looks so much better when you see it from underneith and the sidepods are filled up. But perhaps more improtantly, the body won't catch air in awkward ways when jumping and it protects the paintjob from scratching off due to gravel.

All in all though the chassis seems very, very nice. And knowing how big a mods you need to do on cars from other brands (including Tamiya) I don't think the battery lid is the biggest problem ever - similar problems on the DF03 didn't hold people back from buying and running that! :D

Sounds annoying..battery compartment

Well, that guy who reviewed it seemed to make everything extra difficult.

For example, if you've had a hornet before, you'd know that it can be beneficial to plug in the plug first, then stick the plug up into the chassis/body area, and then insert the battery - that way the plug and cabling is not in the way of you inserting the battery.

But no, in the video the guy makes sure to make it look extra difficult. Is he pretending to find it so tough going, or is he for real? I mean, he could have done it so much more easily.

Maybe he was deliberately trying to make it look difficult?

If he'd simply plug in the battery, and stick the connector up into the space in the chassis there, and then insert the battery afterwards, then he'd find that a lot easier going.

We did that on Hornets even when we were just 9-10 years old, so you'd think an adult operating a video camera could do that as well.

Sorry about the rant, I was just really annoyed about it :D hehehehe

you're right... imho REAL ANNOYING is needing to carry a 2mm hexdriver to change battery on TA06 ;)

previously thought the 2 thumbscrews on Blitz was annoying enough, but at least didn't need a tool :D

meh, why didn't T use "camloc" on their latest tourer...

I have one of the 15t motors in my TT01 General Lee- FAST! Especially for $14.95