Sign in to follow this  
bromvw

Great Free Tip

Here's a great free tip . I was looking at my motor prior to a run to the beach for some late summer bashing in the sun . At the time i was having a can of Red Bull (Heavy night lol ) . IDEA - cut up the empty can and made a motor wrap to stop any sand , sea water or other crud getting into the motor . held in place with a couple of poly ties . Guess what ? IT WORKS . Old school baby , old school lol

Here's a great free tip . I was looking at my motor prior to a run to the beach for some late summer bashing in the sun . At the time i was having a can of Red Bull (Heavy night lol ) . IDEA - cut up the empty can and made a motor wrap to stop any sand , sea water or other crud getting into the motor . held in place with a couple of poly ties . Guess what ? IT WORKS . Old school baby , old school lol

That's a good one, and it's old school aluminium as well.

The best one i found was. Buy a tube of toothpaste but must be in those auto pump style. When its empty ,cut the top off and voila motor covers. They are the exact size too so all you need to do is cut it to lenght and fit it.

as i ruined a motor because it got clogged with small grit I was playing with the following idea.

get some very fine mesh, like Stainless Steel #22 Insect Screening Mesh

cut this to fit around the vent slots of the motor then put some shrinkwrap around it and carefully cut out the ventslots without cutting the mesh.

lol Dan , i thought of that . The end cap covering the motor is a old rubber torch cut to fit . Looks **** but keeps everything clean and dry .

as i ruined a motor because it got clogged with small grit as was playing with the following idea.

get some very fine mesh, like Stainless Steel #22 Insect Screening Mesh

cut this to fit around the vent slots of the motor then put some shrinkwrap around it and carefully cut out the ventslots without cutting the mesh

Thats no good for beach running mate , i wanted to keep all the salt water and sand out

Thats no good for beach running mate , i wanted to keep all the salt water and sand out

You want to try and keep the vents open if possible to keep the air flow going and help cool the motor. I use nitro motor air filters held with rubber bands on my dusty runners. When it gets too dirty, a quick wash, rinse and dry and it's as good as new again.