Hulton100

Tamiya Porsche 959

I have a Tamiya Porsche 959 body thats in good condition. What is actually the best method of cleaning the Lexan body up. Also, when I run the car in forward on the acom ap-227 it runs in reverse and ditto the steering. The recevier kit is Hitec. Cheers

Hello there

I keep all my bodies nice and clean with a sponge and some mild dish detergent. I would let them air dry, and then when they're thoroughly dry, I would spray the body with lemon pledge and wipe it down with a clean paper towel or clean rag.

You should check the throttle and steering reverse switches on your controller to fix the reverse problem :lol:

Hello there

I keep all my bodies nice and clean with a sponge and some mild dish detergent. I would let them air dry, and then when they're thoroughly dry, I would spray the body with lemon pledge and wipe it down with a clean paper towel or clean rag.

You should check the throttle and steering reverse switches on your controller to fix the reverse problem :lol:

Sorry, my fault.........i was looking at a way of getting the old paint off. With regard to the forward and reverse problems, what i've think i've done is when I used a Futabe tramsmitter, which has throttle and forward reverse switchs on, and then gone back to the old acoms transmitter that doesn't have these switches on. Would this keep the receiver in the forward and reverse mode?

The 59, yeah baby.....not an easy body to "tidy up". The high level (?) of body detail was achieved by a new (to tamiya) form process and came at the expense of material thickness and so in some areas the material wall can be a bit "delicate". That being the case combined with age, high velocity gravel, stones, etc impacts, can complicate the process with added stress concentrations. It will also depend on what sort of paint was originally used, how well the user cleaned the inside of the shell prior to application etc. Some people have had a good "stripping" result with nitro fuel. Good luck.

Ref:- Servo Direction of Operation. If your TX is old, and does not have a reverse switch. It is possible to reverse the servo direction ( depending on the servo design, older easier ) by swapping the wires on both the servo motor and the servo syncro pot. ( heaps of how-to on youtube ). Or if your TX Steering Controller (acoms AP-227 MK3) has 4 screws attaching it to the front of the box, undo the screws, and give the Steering Controller a twist 180 degrees ( upside down, trim now on the top ) and refasten the screws and you owe me a beer next time you are in singapore. OTC.

go with screen printers in the UK. you will thank me.

lol - ahah! What's up with the two-ply white stickers? Any improvements on those? Also, is there a set I can use that has a clear background on the colored stickers, with a protective clear layer on top? I did what I could to get by:

2011-09-23_19-17-23_470.jpg

2011-09-23_19-06-29_697.jpg

Ref:- Servo Direction of Operation. If your TX is old, and does not have a reverse switch. It is possible to reverse the servo direction ( depending on the servo design, older easier ) by swapping the wires on both the servo motor and the servo syncro pot. ( heaps of how-to on youtube ). Or if your TX Steering Controller (acoms AP-227 MK3) has 4 screws attaching it to the front of the box, undo the screws, and give the Steering Controller a twist 180 degrees ( upside down, trim now on the top ) and refasten the screws and you owe me a beer next time you are in singapore. OTC.

Ive a MK Transmitter, but I had a look and cound'nt spin the steering 180 degrees......nice idea. I went onto you tube and got advice on reversing the servos. Thanks for comments