Sign in to follow this  
BeetleMeister

Anyone know what motor this is???

Are you joking? Everybody knows that is a Conrad 240826 high speed motor. Actually I have no clue. Looks nice with the aluminum endbell.

Jim

Holy Christ!! Dude, where did you get that?? Do you have any idea what that is?? That is one of those ultra rare, super high performance, Conrad 240826 high speed motor!! Worth its weight in gold, if you can find the right person to buy it that is. Heh heh. Sorry man, I could not resist after seeing Shodogs little stab. It does look good though. Have you ran it yet?

Scott

Yep, it's a Conrad all right. Probably something in the 2408xx series by the look of it. Note this is the one which rotates 'upside down'. You can tell by the arrow.

Beetlemeister is gonna to comne back to the forum and think 'Oh cool, 3 replies to my question!", and then find this load of ****. Not sure why I find this funny. But I do. It's sad.

Wow, a Conrad!

Sorry, don't mean nuttin' to me either. [:I]

Endbell looks like the machined end of an Epic can we've got

lying around. The brushhoods sit on fibreglass insulators like

that. Is yours an Epic can?

Not sure _exactly_ what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's a motor.

In the unlikely event that you'd find the word 'LEFT' on a sticker next an orange arrow, it would appear that you found yourself a true Conrad 240826.

Seriously though, the thickness of the copper wire coming from the brush indicates they were serious about the power to be transfered. Unfortunately it looks like it's crimped instead of soldered onto the tab, which makes them look a little less serious.

I'd still guess that this is a 'high speed' motor though. [:o)]

(the funny thing seems to be that actually no-one knows this motor, which appears to be a unique experience on this forum)

... and the other unique experience being... there's no shortage of wisecracks around here. [:P]

[}:)] Dam you...the lot of you...you big bunch of fools![:o)] Why is it that I ask a serious question about motors and which one I should fit to my thundershot and getting a reply thats half decent is almost imposible, and yet when i ask a simple "what is this motor" question and include a realy pretty high res colse up pic, showing all the scratches and dust particles and everything I get nothing but a crock of $hit from you all...God dam...I'm not in the mood...paypal is not working and i need to pay someone too... [:(!]...I'm please I kept you all so amused with my "wow its a realy rare high speed conrad motor with crimped tabs, epic can and left arrow".

AAhhhh....I feel much better now...[^]

If any of you out there actually know anything about this motor and wish to make these Turkeys look like amatures...please feel free to impress us all with your motor wisdom.

On a serious note...I am realy surprised non of you know what this is...other than what it says on the can. Do you think it will have screwed the gear box in the beetle?

Think this might be it - hope your german is good though....

http://www.conrad-audio.de/e_motor_gz/240826.htm

from what i can work out...

7.2 V

work spg. 3,6 - 8.4 V

No-load operation Drehz. 27100 UpM

Number of revolutions 17600 UpM

River 9.6 A

Torque 2.94 Ncm

Delivery-carried out. 54 W

|Efficiently % 78

|Weight 170 g

|Housing length 52 mm

|housing Ø 36 mm

Hooray!!

Now look WillyChang, mickeyos, bholio, shodog, and cavscout....this is how grown ups play on the Tamiya Forums (all eyes to Mr Netsmith). BeetleMeister ques "we're not worthy bowing" in Netsmiths direction.

Thats great, thanks Netsmith....now all we need is my buddy and personal German translator mirormar to do the honours for us![;)]

Unfortunately I know nothing about motors either, but I do know how to use Google[;)]

If the specs NetsmithUK posted are correct then what you have is a very mild modified motor. Something on the order of of a technituned motor. Take a look at the specs of tamiya motors here http://home19.inet.tele.dk/martinjordt/res...tors/motors.htm and you can make a fair comparison.

Beetle, don't worry were just all razzing you.

Jim

Hay Sho....dont worry...I know...I'm just no good at expressing sarcasm in writing! It did make me have a good chuckle [:D]. Thanks for the advice!

Just some translations, river means of course current, the motor is NOT made for boats... [:D]

The first rpms are without load and the 2nd under load, so as said I would think a mild mod motor.

Conrad is a big electronic parts/kits seller in Germany, something like Radio Shack in US, would guess a realtively cheap rebadged asian motor, they don't usually sell high-end stuff under their name

quote:Originally posted by BeetleMeister

Netsmith...I know nothing about motors....does this means its any good?

id="quote">id="quote">

Looking at the specs it looks like it's a fair enough motor, as long as the comm isn't too worn then you should get ok speeds from that. Plop it in your Thundershot and mount a 16 tooth pinion on it.

I notice the label on the can says "High Speed", so obviously this must be very fast [:D]