Sign in to follow this  
bromvw

HPI Cup Racer

Has anyone any experiance of HPI cup racer chassis ? Are they any good and are there any things that are likely to need replacing or hop ups ?

Has anyone any experiance of HPI cup racer chassis ? Are they any good and are there any things that are likely to need replacing or hop ups ?

I bought the Porsche 911 in June and really like it.

Some notes

1: One of the online builds I read before buidling it said there was no sensible "bag ordering" and that you had to open everything to start. This isn't true, and the manual does tell you which big parts bag to open at what point, it;s just not that clear. that advice probably made my build take about twice as long as it should have.

2: the build itself is mostly straightforward apart from there being a lot of small c-clips. they do give you plenty of spares for the inevitable "clip pings into the carpet" moments.

3: the "super-flexible" battery mounting system doesn;t really take account of the battery Lead. a classic stick-pack requries either a very tight bend in the leads (and cutting a part) or running the leads very close to the rear axle/wheel.

4: It's very nice to drive - the stock (non-drift) tyres are realy sticky and even on a stock 27t if feels faster than my M01 (nearest comparison I have). However, I've found that the suggested mounts for the steering arms make it almost too sensitive (on a stick controller). I;ve since moved to the inboard hole on the servo arm. to make it less nervous.

I really like mine, partially because it's the highest-spec car I've ever bought.

i just finished building a cup racer. what a cool peice of a kit. it's got to be the most adjustable car i have ever seen.

i'll be running mine on a carpet oval, so i have it setup staggered.