njmlondon

What do you think is "must have" equipment for a decent restoration?

Whether it be a restoration or a new kit build, a very good pair of side cutters is essential. It always amazes me how people can leave all sorts of plastic sprue tabs/nibs on parts whent hey build. I've yet to buy any used model that didn't need 20 or 30 nibs removing from various parts - i took 6 nibs off a SRB servo saver last night, they'd been there 30 years with previous owner(s) !!

Whether it be a restoration or a new kit build, a very good pair of side cutters is essential. It always amazes me how people can leave all sorts of plastic sprue tabs/nibs on parts whent hey build. I've yet to buy any used model that didn't need 20 or 30 nibs removing from various parts - i took 6 nibs off a SRB servo saver last night, they'd been there 30 years with previous owner(s) !!

HAHA , This is so common , I have done the same thing .

Not to sure if it's lazyness or to excited & just want to get it running ?.

Thats a no brainer. Is the grey matter between your ears. Use it right, all problems solved.

I use my Ultra Sonic cleaner.

Really is a great tool.

A dishwasher?????

I've herd of that before. Does it work well?????

NO WIFE it will have to be when she is at work. LOL.

Dish washer works incredibly well Mark :)

I use my Ultra Sonic cleaner.

Really is a great tool.

I have never used one fo these before. Looking online there seem to be a load for £50-£80 and then a big gap with lots at £250+. Does anybody know if the cheaper ones are good or are they a false economy?

make sure its a real ultrasonic unit (with a transducer making the ultrasonics)

there were really cheap ones using a vibrating motor-with-a-unbalanced-weight, those are a total gyp.

Might as well put your parts in a jamjar of solvent and give it a cccktail shake