dualdigger

Tokyo hobby show

Nice find!

Notice the oil shock upgrade to the FAV? Wild One front towers, but the shocks are either anodised black or are plastic.

I suppose these will be used to model artificial food that you will find on the shopfronts of restaurants in Japan?

See the MiniZ Optima buggy from Kyosho modeled on the original Optima - which was also displayed.... I wonder if Kyosho have any plans to re-release any of their vintage off-road cars in full 1/10th scale??

Oh dear what a disappointment the MudBlaster is- I thought they might have used the Brat chassis and come out with the additional parts required for the Mudblaster which the original Blackfoot and Monster Beetle used also - I guess when they re release the Monster Beetle it will be on the same chasssis as The Blackfoot III and the Mudblaster which I dont really like (yes I can hear lots of people say it is a much better chassis) because I like the original chassis.

Nice find!

Notice the oil shock upgrade to the FAV? Wild One front towers, but the shocks are either anodised black or are plastic.

I hope the Wild One re-release does not come with those fitted!

The Scirocco is a beauty.....a must have. :)

I wish Tamiya would have made a mix and match of old parts, parts from similar models, and reinforced new parts for the Mud Blaster II, as they did with the re-release Hot Shot and the re-re Frog. The Mud Blaster II could have used a King Blackfoot chassis (sturdy gearbox and double wishbone suspension), in addition with special bumpers to retain the original look.

Gundam stuff looks really cool. Theres even some Zoids, now that takes me back further than Tamiya!!!

Nice Kato trains too.

anyone notice that the Vajra was missing, seems strange not to be at the Tokyo hobby show...... must have been sold out. lol

Nice find!

Hi there,

the shocks seem to be made of aluminum.

Says so on the the sign right next to it: Aluminum Damper Set (84258)

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

dabigbozz

Not crazy about the graphics on the Mud Blaster, but the re-re Toyota Tom's looks like a fun little toy. It's been many years since I drove a 1/12 pan car... and a 380 should be plenty of power for it.

I would tread with caution if clicking this link :P , as it just crashed my pc and froze it up when i tried it

Did the same thing with my computer...

Google pics has also the same effect on my pc....grrr

Got a re-re Brat, and......Not blown away by the engineering! Front suspension is really weird, especially since it has nice 'real' shocks on the rear. Chassis was such an ugly colour I had to paint it black. Some real tongue-in-cheek stuff, at least I got 2 bodies (With 1 decal sheet....) Tyres need to be bead-blasted to look anything like rubber, have a patchy shiny look that's NOT acceptable. A nice cheap car, but I'm getting tired of Big T's attitude lately- I'll pay the extra nickel, just give me the quality they're been famous for in the past! Chris

I suppose these will be used to model artificial food that you will find on the shopfronts of restaurants in Japan?

no those 1:1 are usually commercially made

there's a growing hobby for miniature food, a branch off dollhouse furniture or scale household diorama if u like

they're modelled to suit usually 1/6 (aka Barbie) or 1/12 (footscale) sizes; or there's companies like ReMent that do them too

no those 1:1 are usually commercially made

there's a growing hobby for miniature food, a branch off dollhouse furniture or scale household diorama if u like

they're modelled to suit usually 1/6 (aka Barbie) or 1/12 (footscale) sizes; or there's companies like ReMent that do them too

Doll house furniture is nice,but the Japanese girls glue this stuff to thier cell phones and finger nails,thats on of the hot things here.

Interesting to note that most of the focus and development seems to be on road cars, with the off-roaders being left to either re-re or botch jobs (BFIII & MudBl II). When was the last time we same a genuinely new chassis design for an off roader ??

Any idea why the M FOUR chassis has got a 380 sized motor???

Why stick this on an M-Chassis car instead of our standard 540, especially with 4wd to put the power down...don't get it.

Anyone can shed light on this?

Jerome

Some nice releases, I think this one deserves a little more attention (even if it's not a car or a Tamiya:

http://www.hobby-show.info/tokyo2011/1508.html

http://www.hobby-show.info/tokyo2011/1516.html

Tamiya's collab with Hirobo for a Chopper - I absolutely love it :P It's been on Hobby shows before, but it remains an interesting release.

Something else (also non-Tamiya) which I found interesting:

http://www.hobby-show.info/tokyo2011/1328.html

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/105915-a...ado-honda-cr-z/

ABC Hobby's M-05 killer? Well maybe not necessarily in handling, but I think ABC Hobby kicked it up a notch in terms of being scale! :o (Even if many (small or older) FWDs don't use McPherson on all 4 corners). McPherson suspension on an M-chassis... Awesome! The gearbox strongly reminds me of the Kyosho Maxxum FF. The same layout with two metal plates (main plate on the right, reinforcement plate on the left) is used, as well a spur gear cover attached to the axle of the spur gear with a split/snap pin which at the same time keeps the spur gear on it's axle.

I'm very curious how this cars handles - If I had the money I'd buy one just to know how it drives opposed to an M-chassis with double wishbone suspension :D

McPherson suspension on an M-chassis...

HPI Switch already did this.

HPI Switch already did this.

I didn't notice that that was also McPherson'ed :lol: Anyhow, that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm on this chassis! It seems like a cool design, more scale looking still than the HPI Switch, a better transmission and chassis layout (weight better centred left to right).