dualdigger

Tokyo hobby show

I'm very curious how this cars handles - If I had the money I'd buy one just to know how it drives opposed to an M-chassis with double wishbone suspension :lol:

rc-mini.net gave the Gambado/Grid a glowing review, and I'm thinking of getting one myself later this year.

I'm a bit puzzled why Route246 (which seems to be affiliated with Kyosho) is selling a version of the Gambado. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the Route246 version and ABC's original?

Could not find anything anywhere so not sure ,but has the Subaru Brat kit been released in the Chrome version yet ?.

Thanks .

Could not find anything anywhere so not sure ,but has the Subaru Brat kit been released in the Chrome version yet ?.

Thanks .

Been following this too my friend, believe it to be released Oct 27 (according to willy chang)

Been following this too my friend, believe it to be released Oct 27 (according to willy chang)

Ahh no probs mate thanks for the infomation much appreciated ,if Willis says Oct 27th that is probably when it is then :lol:

Something else (also non-Tamiya) which I found interesting:

http://www.hobby-show.info/tokyo2011/1328.html

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/105915-a...ado-honda-cr-z/

ABC Hobby's M-05 killer? Well maybe not necessarily in handling, but I think ABC Hobby kicked it up a notch in terms of being scale! :lol: (Even if many (small or older) FWDs don't use McPherson on all 4 corners). McPherson suspension on an M-chassis... Awesome! The gearbox strongly reminds me of the Kyosho Maxxum FF. The same layout with two metal plates (main plate on the right, reinforcement plate on the left) is used, as well a spur gear cover attached to the axle of the spur gear with a split/snap pin which at the same time keeps the spur gear on it's axle.

I'm very curious how this cars handles - If I had the money I'd buy one just to know how it drives opposed to an M-chassis with double wishbone suspension :lol:

Wow, I totally missed that. Very interesting indeed; it does have an old Kyosho feel to the gearbox design.

Wasn't there an off-roader that used McPherson struts, back in the early days of weird designs? Made by PB or Robbe or somebody?

Wow, I totally missed that. Very interesting indeed; it does have an old Kyosho feel to the gearbox design.

Wasn't there an off-roader that used McPherson struts, back in the early days of weird designs? Made by PB or Robbe or somebody?

Possibly McPherson may have been used before, but I certainly missed it. I didn't even exist yet in the 80's so I can't help there either :lol: Interesting anyhow because double wishbone is the standard nowadays (and has been for a while now)!

no those 1:1 are usually commercially made

there's a growing hobby for miniature food, a branch off dollhouse furniture or scale household diorama if u like

I guess I'm alone in wondering why Traxxas doesn't enter this market, yeah :lol:

Tamiya has a whole other side to its business, which gets forgotten in the quest for another short course truck etc.

Possibly McPherson may have been used before, but I certainly missed it. I didn't even exist yet in the 80's so I can't help there either :) Interesting anyhow because double wishbone is the standard nowadays (and has been for a while now)!

Found it - called The Navajo:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...18735&id=37

I remember seeing ads for it in RCCA, but I've never actually seen one in the flesh.

And yes, lower A-arm with adjustable upper link has been the design to beat since the original RC10 came out. But even then, for a while, not everyone was sold; I remember a kit from a company called A&L that made a trailing-arm conversion kit for RC10s that made the rear end look like a Scorpion. And then there was the original Losi JRX2, with its 5-link setup. Talk about overly complex...

Nice find!

Notice the oil shock upgrade to the FAV? Wild One front towers, but the shocks are either anodised black or are plastic.

Yep that's the 1st thing i saw , That they look to be plastic ?. But that don't matter as you can still get the hornet shocks .

Found it - called The Navajo:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...18735&id=37

I remember seeing ads for it in RCCA, but I've never actually seen one in the flesh.

And yes, lower A-arm with adjustable upper link has been the design to beat since the original RC10 came out. But even then, for a while, not everyone was sold; I remember a kit from a company called A&L that made a trailing-arm conversion kit for RC10s that made the rear end look like a Scorpion. And then there was the original Losi JRX2, with its 5-link setup. Talk about overly complex...

Awesome ;) I don't find it's looks very appealing, but at least back then brands were trying out lots of different things. I have indeed seen a fair few conversions for the RC10 and alternatives like Losi's 5-link rear suspension - they look so awesome! I'd love to see buggy in production again with a 5-link on the rear! :)

rc-mini.net gave the Gambado/Grid a glowing review, and I'm thinking of getting one myself later this year.

I'm a bit puzzled why Route246 (which seems to be affiliated with Kyosho) is selling a version of the Gambado. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the Route246 version and ABC's original?

The Route 246 version is just to sell the made in China junk that Route 246 sells,(brushless)Thats the whole Idea behind Route 246,sell junk from China without using the Kyosho name.