Chain Driven

Scorpion / Turbo Scorpion Radio Box.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between the 2 radioboxes?

I can see that they are very similar on the manuals with the scorpion probably beeing yellow but I have never seen the Turbo Scorpion one.

Also I can't be sure just by looking at the pictures in showrooms.

Thanks !

Jerome

As far as I know the only difference, other than the colour, is that the Turbo Scorpion radio tub has a groove moulded into the rear top edge of the tub for the speed control wires to pass through. Colour wise, the early Scorpions have yellow tubs, the Turbo having white tubs and some of the last Scorpions had black tubs. I think the Cox branded Scorpions also had black tubs but I stand to be corrected on that one.

Hi guys

I´m trying to assemble a couple of Scorpions. I´m really an srb kind of guy, but I really enjoy working on these classics. I was a bit confused when some of my parts were different from the others and one of the gearboxes had a differential installed. I now know that one of the buggies is the Turbo-version. Unfortunately the body and radiobox is missing. I´ve ordered a Turbo Scorpion-body from Kamtec (And got a Scorpion-body for free!) but it dont feel right to use a yellow radiobox for it so I went for a black one instead.

I´ve learned that there´s quite a few versions of the Scorpion and have also heared that one Turboversion did in fact have a black radiobox. I can´t find any pics of it though.

Is this info correct? Did the TS have a black box at some time?

Cheers!

The early Turbo had a black tub, white Tomahawk wheels and the roll cage without the spot light tabs.

As far as I have been able to find out.

In time I will build one!

The early Turbo had a black tub, white Tomahawk wheels and the roll cage without the spot light tabs.

As far as I have been able to find out.

In time I will build one!

I think the early Turbo Scorpion had the white tub Mike, because the box art (which was the first Turbo Scorpion ever made) had the white tub.

Hence, the black tub had to be a later variant.

There is a variation in the Turbo Scorpion wheels too, where the holes are either circles or triangles. Again, the box depicts circles, so kits with circles are earlier examples.