miramar

Amazing rumour about a genuine Conrad 240826!

I have heard the rumour that a TC-member has managed to get his hands on a genuine Conrad 240826 modified motor! I've since long realized that this motor is outside my league and that I will never get the opportunity to touch or hold one of these devine motors, but if someone can tell me they've seen a picture or even provide a picture in this forum, I would be very proud. I know that my 4 years old 15" PC-monitor is not worthy of displaying a picture of such an exquisite rarity, so I won't even try, but just knowing that it might be out there......I'm speechless.

• Like 1

Yeah, Miramar, you're lucky!

To get you back into the talking league I'd offer you my one and only Conrad 240826 turbocharged engine for a real bargain. I'd be willing to trade it for only 3 technigolds - NIB only of course.

• Haha 1

HAHAHAHA...[:D][:D][:D][:D]...Miramar....thats the funniest post i've ever read!!!

Well big guy...just so happens I know a gentleman with one such beast [:I]. If you look real close, you can even make out the vintage dust!!! Knowing how sacred this electric masterpiece is I'm frightened to even unscrew it from my beetle now for fear of damaging the threads...let alone run it! I could be persuaded to trade it for a NIB Sand Scorcher though + $250 Tower Hobbys voucher....anyone??? [;)]

• Haha 1

Miramar you bad boy....people are getting upset now because they dont understand! They thi8nk they are missing out. Youve opened up a big can of worms here now! [:o)]

you want to tell me why you deleted my post ? or are we going to start playing games ?

Edit by Admin [ YGM ]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tamiya UK

you want to tell me why you deleted my post ? or are we going to start playing games ?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Why are you being so aggresive?

quote:Originally posted by Bibbo
quote:Originally posted by Tamiya UK

id="quote">id="quote">

Why are you being so aggresive?

id="quote">id="quote">

He deleted my post, or chris did, and there was no need. Didnt even answer my question that I posed, what is the point of these boards after all ? for people to have their own clicky wise - cracking bs conversations, or for people to exchange information ?

I hope its the latter, but its stunts like this that start to peeve me, I know this board is free, and the site is a labour of love and all that, yada yada etc etc. But I cannot do with people who delete posts and dont even the answer question or give a sound reason for the deletion. Its like a dictatorship.

• Like 1

quote:Originally posted by BeetleMeister

What post??? And which "guys like you"?

id="quote">id="quote">

Must have been chris then, noticable by his absence. Wouldnt expect anymore really[;)]

Buddy...if you dont like it click the little X in the top right corner. Otherwise settle down, relax and stop getting so worked up. Its just some fun!

OK Tamiya_UK,

This is how it works.

This board does not tollerate swearing or aggressive post in any way. This is the text of the email I was preparing to send to you seconds after I receieved your mail...

"I've got no problem with the sentiment of the post itself, although I think you misunderstood the post - even the guy that was 'the butt of the joke' was seeing the funny side of it. And having dealt with people all around the world, whose native tongue is not english, then some of the 'comedy' can get lost in the translation - but this obviously was not a malicious post.

Subtle miss-spellings are just as bad as the swear words themselves. We now have lots of younger members on the board so we want to keep it clean. After moderating boards for a long time I know this type of thing is just top of the slippery slope, as someone will read it as the word is was intended to be and think it is acceptable and start using it in his posts etc. etc. Its just easier all around to nip it in the bud."

These boards are ran for the benefit of all our members and in a community with 800 members some of them are going to be more friendly with each other than others. Thats just a fact of human nature.

The bottom line is if you don't like the way the board is ran then don't come to it. I and the other admin will continue to edit posts which are either aggressive or contain swearing.

Chris

• Like 2

Buddy...if you dont like it click the little X in the top right corner. Otherwise settle down, relax and stop getting so worked up. Its just some fun!

id="quote">id="quote">

who do you think you are ? I will do as I please.

Deal with it, move on.

quote:Originally posted by netsmithUK

"...some of them are going to be more friendly with each other than others"

id="quote">id="quote">

Hmmm?

You know something that we don't Chris?? [;)]

Let's keep this a Family-Friendly board!! [:I]

Thats it guys.

This board is for people that want to discuss RC related issues. If any wants to make this thing personal then take it off the board.

I'll leave this thread - even though it has strayed way off its original topic - so people can make up thier own minds about what has took place here and how they think people should behave on these boards.

Tamiya UK your not going to gain any friends by leaving snappy comebacks to other peoples posts. I read your original reply last night and it did seem agressive. Their were veiled cuss words. Miramar was just taking the joke about the Cconrad motor a little further. If you would have taken the time to read the postings on this board, you would have known exactly what Miramar was refering to. Instead you chose to leave a post complaining about some "clicky wise" posting. Really it is all in fun, there is no need to get upset

Jim

I have to agree I like this board as it has remained clean and pleasant, being a moderator on another board I have my work cut out trying to keep it clean and know the work admin are having to do here please Tamiya UK relax and lets carry on with normal posting. no need for all this, It was a joke, not even at your expense.[B)]

HAHAHAHA...[:D][:D][:D][:D]...Miramar....thats the funniest post i've ever read!!!

Well big guy...just so happens I know a gentleman with one such beast [:I]. If you look real close, you can even make out the vintage dust!!! Knowing how sacred this electric masterpiece is I'm frightened to even unscrew it from my beetle now for fear of damaging the threads...let alone run it! I could be persuaded to trade it for a NIB Sand Scorcher though + $250 Tower Hobbys voucher....anyone??? [;)]

id="quote">id="quote">

Beetlemeister, I read your reactions to the original thread, so I knew your integrity and sense of humour are more than adequate to cope with my small joke. As evident by your reply, I was obviously right, and needless to say, it was intended as innocent fun only. You're also welcome to kick back whenever you want. I will try to cope with it like a man, which means I will only cry when nobody's looking. [;)] Take care Beetlemeister. You're an asset to the community. [:)]

As for Tamiya UK, I never read his first response (the one that was deleted), so I don't really know what it was all about. Suffice to say that I'm a very humble TC-member, with a lot of respect for the guys behind the site and all the members. I would never dream of popping a joke on anybody's cost unless I'm sure it will be interpreted as an innocent friendly joke. Judging by the reactions, "everybody" understood, and like Beetlemeister, you are all welcome to pop a joke on my cost whenever you want. Just stay with the "friendly/funny" rule! And yes, my English, ignorance and lack of memory is more than bad enough to give daily opportunities for anyone that want to give it a go! [:)]

You know where this is all leading? There will be those deviates that will create fake Conrad motors and try to pass them off as the genuine article. There will be huge black market for these ever increasingly popular motors. Beetlemeister's motor will be the only genuine motor in which to judge the fakes from. Beetle-please keep that motor safe. The fate of all motordom will rest with you.

Jim

• Like 1