miramar

Amazing rumour about a genuine Conrad 240826!

Dont worry shodog, my Monster Beetle has been parked in a secret location and is being guarded by a Wild dagger (with PMS), Beams integra, Thunder Dragon, and Blitzer beetle. Its safe and sound. The tamiya fairys are right now as we post, taking detailed blue prints to ensure that should cheep imitations of this most sacred of motors can be easily spotted. The Conrad will live on! [8D]

[:0][:0][:0] but have u discovered the secret code yet?? The motor, conrad 240826, what it actually means is = Conrad 2, RPM 40826 @ 5V, which means at 7.2 V that Conrad 2 motor is running at 58789RPM. [:0][:0] . Its the missing link in the puzzle, and probably the fastest motor ever. [:o)][:I][:o)][:I][;)]

Thanx

Jimbo

:)

• Haha 1

I hate do do this-----

but will you swop a measaly NIP Mountaineer for the Conrad?????

PLEASSSEEEEEEE [8D]

JAkes

HI!

Can somebody now please tell us what is it with that motor. I have never heard anything about it[:(]. You guys are just fighting to eachother and nobody cares of the motor.

jerry

yeah, what is so great about it? Hand built by an rc legend or made of metal recovered from a crashed UFO? What is so special? It took ages to read all those posts only to find nobody says what it does! ( yes i know the metal pole spins in the black metal lump but you know what i mean [;)]

On early space missions to the moon, NASA found that the rocks they found were actually hugely powerful. Born from NASA was the, Community Of Northern Radioactive Assessment Diodes(CONRAD), basically they make things from moon rocks. The rocks had a huge magnetic force so CONRAD took it upon the R/C world to develope the most powerful motor ever for R/C use. They created code name 240826. This began as an experiment to see how strong the magnets were, they found that they could use a titanium alloy as there armature to house within a all alloy can and enbell made of aluminium. The result was 5 motors that were not supposed to leave the factory. But some how a few got out, and how bettlemeister has one is beyond me. thats the story of the CONRAD 240826.

Thanx

Jimbo

• Haha 1

It's working the legend is growing. Here is the deal guys. Beetlemeister posted a picture of a conrad motor http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=6597&id=565 and asked if anyone knew what it was. I started to kid him by telling him it was a Conrad 240826 electric motor. This was all information that coule be clearly seen on the label of the motor in the picture. More people started to joke about the mototr also. Miramar posted this topic joking about the legendary status of this motor. All in all about the perfomance of a Technituned motor. But with all th hoopla and kidding about this motor, it's destined to be a Tamiyaclub classic.

Jim

• Like 2

Jimmy_GT_R, why did you tell everyone[V]! My in box is going to be brimming with half hearted offers for this RC gem[^]! I hope no members of the Community Of Northern Radioactive Assessment Diodes are also members of TC. They will come looking for me now they know where one of their pressious few is [B)]. Conrad, or "Conny" for short, have been searching for the lost few like a missing Rembrant. I have heard that they speak a special code apparently called Connylingus. The 240826 refers to the numerical order of the leters in the Connylingus alphabet. If it were known what the 2nd, 0(th?), 8th ect, letters where it would infact reveal a name. Rumour has it, it does actually spell Tamiya [:0]. Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps someone out there is a Connylingus expert and could give us all some pointers (and drop ClairUK and Email)[:D]

quote:Originally posted by BeetleMeister

Jimmy_GT_R, why did you tell everyone[V]! My in box is going to be brimming with half hearted offers for this RC gem[^]! I hope no members of the Community Of Northern Radioactive Assessment Diodes are also members of TC. They will come looking for me now they know where one of their pressious few is [B)]. Conrad, or "Conny" for short, have been searching for the lost few like a missing Rembrant. I have heard that they speak a special code apparently called Connylingus. The 240826 refers to the numerical order of the leters in the Connylingus alphabet. If it were known what the 2nd, 0(th?), 8th ect, letters where it would infact reveal a name. Rumour has it, it does actually spell Tamiya [:0]. Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps someone out there is a Connylingus expert and could give us all some pointers (and drop ClairUK and Email)[:D]

id="quote">id="quote">

BeetleMeister and Jimmy GT-R, are you really sure about this "Community of Northern Radioactive Assessment Diodes" and Conny stuff? I mean, I first heard the rumours about the existence of these motors in kindergarden back in the late sixties and always thought they were the masterpieces of Dr. Conrad Hytorque, "the genius from Actopöwwer in Schwarzwald" (German Black Forrest). Apart from making the first Tamiya modified motors (yes, that's why they're black), he actually invented a force to counteract inertia, making running modelcars a possibility. There are still some people out there who stick with static models as they claim they haven't seen proof of this force.

Anyway, I've been told that NASA delivered some strange yellow glowing moonrocks to Dr. Hytorque few months after the first lunar landing. I too have heard that 5 motors were created from this material. As Dr. Hytorque's surname had already been reserved as the description for this new "inertia counteracting force", NASA suggested the motors would be refered to as just "Conrads". Dr. Hytorque, being rather egocentric and typically German in never talking to anybody except the closest family (he had none) using the first name, wasn't too amused about NASA's idea. As a compromise, NASA suggested to add 24.08.26 (24th of August 1926), which was the first time Dr. Hytorque applied the throttle on his early Luger pistol grip radiotransmitter, thereby letting current flow through his prototype "Topsecret Automated Miniature Inertia-Counteract Yellowstone Apparatus", or TAMIYA for short. The rest is history.

Miramar your superior knowledge of early Tamiya motor never fails to amaze me. Through the freedom of information act, I have been able to secure declassified documents form Tamiya Headquaters pertaining to the "Conny" project. The text of the documents are skecthy as many of the word are blacked out. From what I can gather, these motors were the ones that powered the earlier black porches. There were design glitches that became apparent during production. In addition the supply of the rare Yellowstone substance had dwindled to almost nothing. as a result Tamiya canceled the release of these rare motors and instead used the standard silver can mabuchi's for the kits

Jim

• Like 1

[:D]Well I'm going to save all this information and write up a script for a movie trilogy that will blow Lord of the Rings into the weeds!!!...LOL[:D]

quote:Originally posted by Shodog

From what I can gather, these motors were the ones that powered the earlier black porches.

Jim

id="quote">id="quote">

Oh, so the Black Porsche was supposed to get the Conrad?!![:0] Thank you so much for this information. Knowing this, I suddenly realize why my Tyrrell Six-Wheeler Black Special RM Mk.0 CS TRF id="red">came with a kevlar body, 8mm titanium chassis plate, billet titanium wheels (with smooth wheelcovers with funny-looking "twin eyes" decals), carbon-weave foam tires, ceramic ballbearings and the 1" wide spur gear. Also, I understand why a motor wasn't included even though there was a hump in the blisterpack for it! Also, the “glow yellow in the dark†etched inscription on the gold nitrited machined onepiece titanium motorpod suddenly makes sense: “In Luna Forza Veritas".

OK, Guys

As you already know - I am the proud owner of the very second of this masterpieces. I currently use it to keep my Texaco Lola from rolling off the shelf by itself - see my showroom - but I will let it out on the bay when this thread has reached the 10 pages boundary. Starting bid will be 3 technigolds NIB - a real bargain regarding the history of this famous machine.[:D]

Oh yes - it's one of the rare specimen that is labeled 'High Speed LEFT' and 'High Speed RIGHT'. This in fact means that you can go left AND right turns in high speed!! [:P]

Please no more silly jokes on the Conrad motor. You fools do not know what great forces you are dealing with! Me must keep this astonishing power in good hands. We have also discovered right here, in our own boards, sandmann has the second motor. We must find the other 3 motors before the evil forces discover their powers.

If we can combine the forces of all 5 motors, our world will be suck in a timehole and warped back to the times NIB Sand Scorchers were on the shelves of so called 'LHS's... (Long-awaited Heaven of Scorcher's).

There is one BUT, if evil forces will get their hands on all 5 motors, you will all be tortured. You will not escape you punishment, which consists of running a Grasshopper with a 5-cell pack for 5 weeks, ruining beautifull Sand Scorcher wheels and tires. For those who survive, there is a spot reserved in Nikko Heck... The horrors seen there are beyond imagination.

Beetlemeister, sandmann: May the Conrad force be with you.

• Haha 1

But the problem is one of the motors is being held by Kunimitsu Kyosho, who if he has all 5 motors the world will be controlled by EP Mantis chassis. Oh no [:0][:0][:0], imagine that. We must stop the evil and we must set up a team to set out anf get that motor back. Then we will have 3 motors and only 2 to find. Please anyone help.

Thanx

Jimbo

• Haha 1

Also the other 3 motors are labeled, " High speed left only" " high speed right only" and the very rare "hyper X44 speed" . Anyone shed any light on these 3 missing motos, we know where 1 of them is.

Thanx

Jimbo

• Haha 1

Well guys, today after almost 20 years in this hobby I got my first "professional" Tamiya racer ever, an Egress http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=15076&id=16 and guess what motor did it have? A geniune CONRAD! [:0]

I was happy that I got the Egress for a very good price, but that it even included a Conrad motor was too much for me! Of course I should have known that someone who would spend in the end 80s more then $400 on the top high end racer, wouldn't use anything less than the best [;)]

Its model GZ 2000 241229, so a new version, improvment of the marvel 240826? It has some lightnings drawn on it, I guess Conrad engineers waited for weeks on the top of mountains, for thunders to struck and charge the lunar material magnets. To say the truth I am afraid it might be too powerfull/fast, I will try to test it first with 1.2V in a big field, hope the nimble Egress chassis will handle so much torque. Will keep you informed

Cheers

Theo that's amazing news. I had heard that Conrad had made other motors but never seen another in real life. Eventhough the Egress drivetrain is one of Tamiya's strongest, I would be careful in firing up the conrad motor in there. The power output is astonishing.

Jim

quote:Originally posted by Sjoerd

Please no more silly jokes on the Conrad motor. You fools do not know what great forces you are dealing with! Me must keep this astonishing power in good hands. We have also discovered right here, in our own boards, sandmann has the second motor. We must find the other 3 motors before the evil forces discover their powers.

id="quote">id="quote">

This may have been overlooked. Another TC member has 1.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...id=11280&id=403

Could this be the 3rd of 5??!!

I have seen one of these motors before in a boat. I was at the Grand Canyon doing a visit of the bottom. It is awesome. Anyways, there were some guys with rc boats and aircraft playing around. I went over and started asking questions. They all had nitro and electric items and running them all. It was cool. Back to the story. I looked in the boat of one guy and he had one of these motors. I asked him about it and he said his father put it in there a long time ago. I asked did it work and he said watch this. He threw the boat on the water with 2 1200 battery packs hooked up to it and watched it dart out of the water. Talk about creating wake. That boat flew. Then he drove the boat way too far out of range of his radio. I was watching the boat start to freak out and then it stopped. I turned to ask the guy what happened and he was gone. Then I looked for the boat and it too was gone. Weird no?