miramar

Amazing rumour about a genuine Conrad 240826!

Guys, you need to up the dosage, the medication is not working.  Nice cup of tea, followed by a lobotomy and you will all be fine.  Just like McMurphy.

Just remember, what you do in Tamiyaclub, echoes in eternity.

Paul.

kgrhqvnsfcrwfq0elbqv1zcoke.jpg

I apologize for resurrecting this old topic, but I've got to spread an astonishing discovery. The uber-rare 5th CONRAD 240826 has appeared and was seen up for sale on the German classifieds section of a well known auction site. I'm not sure if the seller is aware of the great powers caught in this little motor, so this is your opportunity to get your hands on this one. :o

Just look at the left for the monstrously thick yellow-green motor wire left-side, and this one even seems to be able to rotate both clock- and counterclockwise with HIGHSPEED!

• Like 2

If only he was selling 2, I'd have the greatest Twin Detonator ever!!

• Like 1

I apologize for resurrecting this old topic, but I've got to spread an astonishing discovery. The uber-rare 5th CONRAD 240826 has appeared and was seen up for sale on the German classifieds section of a well known auction site. I'm not sure if the seller is aware of the great powers caught in this little motor, so this is your opportunity to get your hands on this one. :o

Just look at the left for the monstrously thick yellow-green motor wire left-side, and this one even seems to be able to rotate both clock- and counterclockwise with HIGHSPEED!

U.R.Great.

I would have thought nearly 4 pages of utter nonsense was enough to keep this thread buried forever, obviously not...........

Not even close, you should look up the other threads on the same topic. This is an important discovery for Tamiya fans.

I'm curious what speed controller the guys with this motor are using.

Need to get me one of these to replace the MambaMax in my Grasshopper!

I discovered something amazing! A mysterious 6th (!) Conrad 240826 appeared on Ebay Germany in August 2014 and was sold to a lucky new owner.

zynkri1ghs4g140657352iqk4p.jpg

Seller's description (through Google Translator):

Auctioneer This electric motor of Conrad, 550.er size. See data network. Report any questions.
Is sent as shown on the image.

Please have a look at the advanced 1-piece power connector. No more worrying about having the motor wired the correct way.

Professor Skid approves:

pic100j0j.jpg

"Fangtashtic!"

• Like 1

Please let me understand why these motors are so marvelous.

Many thanks.

Max

Many thanks.

Max

It's a joke that has been perpetuated around here for the last 11 years.

• Like 1

Many thanks.

Max

They say, If you apply the brakes, the Conrad 240826 uses the generated braking energy to recharge the battery pack. Just like today's electric locomotives do, when they feed braking energy back into the power grid.

They say, If you apply the brakes, the Conrad 240826 uses the generated braking energy to recharge the battery pack. Just like today's electric locomotives do, when they feed braking energy back into the power grid.

Say what? What are you talking about? I hear Conrad has the high rpm of a low T motor and the hugh torque of a high T motor. Ideal for big rig racing with a trailer in toll.

I was about to ask what so great about Conrad motor, until shodog pointed it out.

Say what?  What are you talking about?  I hear Conrad has the high rpm of a low T motor and the hugh torque of a high T motor.  Ideal for big rig racing with a trailer in toll.

I was about to ask what so great about Conrad motor, until shodog pointed it out.

I'm assuming you don't watch Top Gear? Google 'The Stig' and you'll soon understand ;)

Please see the attached interview below. I feel honoured to present you what Professor Skid has to say on the Conrad 240826.

Professor Skid has answered...

Question by: GregM 04/09/2014 15:13:49

Question: Dear Skidness,

what are your thoughts on the recent discovery of the 6th Conrad 240826 motor and it's impact on the world of electric powered radio-controlled cars? Please let us know, the Tamiyaclub forum community awaits your orders.

Cheers, GregM, your loyal Hornet driver.

pic1.jpg

The wise one answers:

Well it's a very interesting development for sure. If this motor can be analysed and somehow reverse engineered then maybe, just maybe those super strong magnets can be re-produced in a lab. It confirms the existence of this technology which many feared was only a rumour and that has since kept me awake at night (mostly because i keep wetting the sheets). Very exiting times :-)

Source: http://tamiya101.com/show_question.asp?id=1327&nav=1

• Like 1

If these rumous are true, and there are indeed 6 of these motors, surely it's in the interests of everyone on the planet to ensure that they're all kept equidistant around the equator, so as not to disturb the Earth's gravitational field and send us spinning out of orbit..?

• Like 2

If these rumous are true, and there are indeed 6 of these motors, surely it's in the interests of everyone on the planet to ensure that they're all kept equidistant around the equator, so as not to disturb the Earth's gravitational field and send us spinning out of orbit..?

If one of these motors is connected to a power source the awesome torque will throw the earth out of orbit anyway! :o

I'm assuming you don't watch Top Gear? Google 'The Stig' and you'll soon understand ;)

you mean the " shtig" and captain slow from 5th gear? i think this motor is the 12th wonder if the world right next to the silver can 540 motor.

I have heard rumours of the arising arriving of a 7th son. :ph34r:

The 7th.

Ok here the story continues, well mine first.

Nosing on Ebay last week I stumbled over a auction plainly titled 'Tamiya', now this somehow made me curious. ( Dont no why. whats it with this Tamiya stuff? wink.png )

So I took a peak and hey there was this motor that is so hard to get.

IMG_20150114_232845.jpg

as I have several Vintage Willy's there is always room for one more so this is spare number 7 devil.png

laughing.pnglaughing.pnglaughing.png

no just kidding it also came with a new build and then once and never again used BF

IMG_20150114_235901.jpg

So that makes it my 7th BF model (ehm no not)

Some thiny bits missing, sunroof, rollbar lights, maybe a decal here and there.
Some screws are loose, but hey 70€ shipped and with that nice never used silvercan. thumb_up.png

IMG_20150114_235923.jpg

Now here is where it gets more interresting, I read about 'IT' here in this thread on TC, the most powerfull brushed motor shocked.png

and look its there I found one, they actually do excist, are out there, hidding away in a dusty somewhere whatever. w00t.png

IMG_20150114_235943.jpg

and its here to align whatever needs to be aligned sideways.png

The holy almighthy 7th confirmed C O N R A D 240 826

IMG_20150115_000035.jpg

Thanks for watching. thumb_up.png

• Like 5