Wez-li

Who needs a re-re? Egress restore thread!

OUCH! That is what happens when a rear dog-bone slips out. At least that's what happened to my C3 part when I used shocks that were too long in the back on my Vanquish. The dog-bone got wedged on the inside wheel the first time I made a hard turn... DOH! Dang Kyosho gold shocks. Good thing those C-parts aren't $90 a set any more... :P

As for the step screws, you can still make due with some black steel ones from the Avante of course.

Thats why i kick out the drive shaft and the wheel axes from all my cars and replace them with ( 50350- Avante universal shaft ).... :)

OUCH! That is what happens when a rear dog-bone slips out. At least that's what happened to my C3 part when I used shocks that were too long in the back on my Vanquish. The dog-bone got wedged on the inside wheel the first time I made a hard turn... DOH! Dang Kyosho gold shocks. Good thing those C-parts aren't $90 a set any more... :)

As for the step screws, you can still make due with some black steel ones from the Avante of course.

Cool, are the ones in the Avante 2011 link pin bag correct then?

So what tires u r going to use?

Not sure yet, rear wheels are here, just waiting for fronts.

2011-10-24194736.jpg

Cool, are the ones in the Avante 2011 link pin bag correct then?

Yup. Called out in the 2011 manual as BL2.

Yup. Called out in the 2011 manual as BL2.

Thanks for the confirmation, just ordered from JC-RC.

this resto is fab! really opened my eyes to what you can do. there's an egress fs on ebay uk at the mo

Cheers, I've seen the purple ebay one, it's yours I assume?

Might be mine soon if the price is right lol

Just arrived today, front Avante lightweight wheels :lol:

2011-10-25115811.jpg

yeaaaa,, always my Fav. wheels :D

so where did u reach now??? :lol:

Still at the same position, will work on it today if I can, waiting for the screws required to complete the rear end, so I will get cracking with the front end and refurb the rear wheels.

Still at the same position, will work on it today if I can, waiting for the screws required to complete the rear end, so I will get cracking with the front end and refurb the rear wheels.

great man,,,,so u have ordered Titanium set? well, i am planning to buy some for just in case,,,,cos as u know they are vintage and the new Titanium looks ugly with this hex shape....

No I've not bought a Titainium set, that would end in divorce if wifey found out :lol:

I've ordered Avante 2011 replacements for the odd screw I'm missing.

No I've not bought a Titainium set, that would end in divorce if wifey found out :lol:

I've ordered Avante 2011 replacements for the odd screw I'm missing.

looooooool...hehehe

u know i have plenty of screws ( new + used ), and since all my cars r set with titanium screws,,,these screws are kept alone. lool

well, i would be happy to , lets say: to give them to u rather than saying selling them :D

cheers

looooooool...hehehe

u know i have plenty of screws ( new + used ), and since all my cars r set with titanium screws,,,these screws are kept alone. lool

well, i would be happy to , lets say: to give them to u rather than saying selling them :lol:

cheers

Cheers , I've already ordered the ones I need, but will give you a shout if I get stuck during the rebuild :D

Cheers , I've already ordered the ones I need, but will give you a shout if I get stuck during the rebuild :lol:

mooost welcome mate...

Rebuilt the front end, seems to be a few more "modifications" in terms of screw use!

BA7 & BH6 on the uprights have been replaced.

Also missing an SC1 so I've had to bodge that until I can track down some spares.

Front Hi-Cap dampers are now fitted.

Drivetrain complete and Dynatech 01R (stolen from another model lol) and 18T pinion fitted as per the manual.

Again, few screws missing from this kit but they'll all be replaced as i go along.

2011-10-26142622.jpg

2011-10-26142730.jpg

2011-10-26142821.jpg

Actually I've got two soft sets, a medium and a hard set left over but they're 20,000 km's away from me in New Zealand I'm afraid... I'm in Netherlands at the moment.

hi mate,,,

i am trying to PM u, but ur inbox is full

Looooool

Still not sure if I should paint the wheels black like the originals <_<

Rebuilt the front end, seems to be a few more "modifications" in terms of screw use!

BA7 & BH6 on the uprights have been replaced.

Also missing an SC1 so I've had to bodge that until I can track down some spares.

Front Hi-Cap dampers are now fitted.

Drivetrain complete and Dynatech 01R (stolen from another model lol) and 18T pinion fitted as per the manual.

Again, few screws missing from this kit but they'll all be replaced as i go along.

2011-10-26142622.jpg

2011-10-26142730.jpg

2011-10-26142821.jpg

Ammmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaazing mate...

Still not sure if I should paint the wheels black like the originals <_<

Don't paint them.....,,,since they r brand new...

well,,mmmmmmmmmm

i have full set of the same wheels used, but in perfect condition,,,if i u r interested , PM me....then u can paint the used one,

cheers

Ammmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaazing mate...

Cheers mate <_<

Don't paint them.....,,,since they r brand new...

well,,mmmmmmmmmm

i have full set of the same wheels used, but in perfect condition,,,if i u r interested , PM me....then u can paint the used one,

cheers

My rear wheels are used, and a bit discoloured, only the fronts are new. And white fronts are readily available so no great loss if I paint them.

Cheers mate :D

My rear wheels are used, and a bit discoloured, only the fronts are new. And white fronts are readily available so no great loss if I paint them.

ohh, so in this case, ok...try to color it with metalic black ;)

ohh, so in this case, ok...try to color it with metalic black ;)

Yeah, Will need to sort tyres out too, rear hybrid spikes aren't very easy to come by!

More to updates/pics to come today hopefully :D

Yeah, Will need to sort tyres out too, rear hybrid spikes aren't very easy to come by!

More to updates/pics to come today hopefully :D

waiting for the photos mate,,,

why dont u use the ( stud spike tires )?,,,,they will look great on Egress with Black wheels also?