Wez-li

Who needs a re-re? Egress restore thread!

I don't mean to be negative, but I'm always sad to see people paint wheels :) They'll chip if you run them and then it'll look terrible. Even just for a static shelfer it doesn't look right.

It's better you'd have traded them for some black ones.

I know what you mean, but black ones aren't exactly easy to come by nowadays...

Great job on the wheels mate - only two weeks til you parcel it up for me :(

No problem, £450.00 paypal gift to the usual address mate :)

Great job... Incredible this buggy. 22 years old and still today the sexiest buggy in the world. Egress rulez

Cheers mate.

I know what you mean, but black ones aren't exactly easy to come by nowadays...

Well, I have some black ones that have a light coat of silver on them, which would clean up well with graffiti remover.. :)

I'd trade for white ones :lol: bit late now though! :(

****Update****

I'm nearing the end now, wheels and tyres fitted to the chassis this evening.

My body has been dispatched, still trying to sort out the wing mount.

2011-11-17172434.jpg

2011-11-17172157.jpg

2011-11-17172325.jpg

The more I work on the Egress the more I feel it is my favourite Tamiya :rolleyes:

Looks great. I would definitely get a set of hybrid-spike tires though as soon as they are re-released on that Black Avante.

great re-release.. ( loooooool )

:rolleyes:

Looks great. I would definitely get a set of hybrid-spike tires though as soon as they are re-released on that Black Avante.

Thanks, I think these ones might be worn down a bit by the time the hybrids become available ;)

Wez, Wez! I can't see an Egress with Boomerang tyres!!! It's like a Ferrari with Fiat Panda wheels!!!!!

Wez, Wez! I can't see an Egress with Boomerang tyres!!! It's like a Ferrari with Fiat Panda wheels!!!!!

Haha not quite, Hybrid spikes would be on if the rears were available, but they aren't... yet!

In the meantime, If you have a spare set laying around feel free to send them to me :rolleyes:

Boomer tyres are the best option for running - for every set of those you'd be using 3 or 4 of the spikes. I also think those tyres have a bit more of a period look to them, they're a tread design you don't seem much at all these days.

Boomer tyres are the best option for running - for every set of those you'd be using 3 or 4 of the spikes. I also think those tyres have a bit more of a period look to them, they're a tread design you don't seem much at all these days.

I quite like the tread design. They are a good tyre, and spot on for running like you say.

Hybrid spikes will go on when they become available and if/when I choose to retire her.

This is no shelf queen anyway ;)

Now everything is either here or on it's way, I can start thinking about paint <_<

Standard PS12 silver, or something different?

I love gun metal colour, but whatever colour you choose it has to fit with the decal scheme, especially after buying originals. Gun metal would make a greater contrast to the hicap shocks, but less so the wheels.

You do lose a lot of detail from a distance with Gunmetal... a-la the Top Force Evo.

You could try Gunmetal, perhaps only two coats, backed with Silver and the White... that would possibly create a Gunmetal that "popped" a little more and looked quite vivid. Don't take my word for it though, I'd do some testing first if you were going to mix.

Egress body from ***** has landed, along with the genuine decals from pyramid models :rolleyes:

2011-11-22134058.jpg

You do lose a lot of detail from a distance with Gunmetal... a-la the Top Force Evo.

You could try Gunmetal, perhaps only two coats, backed with Silver and the White... that would possibly create a Gunmetal that "popped" a little more and looked quite vivid. Don't take my word for it though, I'd do some testing first if you were going to mix.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not confident with mixing paints if I'm honest, still undecided.

Silver? or something a bit mad like chrome or gold?? :D

Can't think of any other colours that will suit the model or decals...

I agree black wheels look the business!

Cheers!

I Trimmed the body today, not finished yet though as I ran out of time.

2011-11-23142646.jpg

2011-11-23142657.jpg

This pic is a bit wonky lol

2011-11-23142726.jpg

No suggestions?

PS12 it is then :D

This body/decals also look great in white. If you want to see one of every color in the book, just look through peoples show-rooms.

This body/decals also look great in white. If you want to see one of every color in the book, just look through peoples show-rooms.

yeaa, i have also Egress with White body ....

really looks great and the Decals are just shinny ... :D

Don't know if you've ever seen the Radio Race Car review of the Egress from the late 80s but they painted it this odd green/yellow colour. I've found a paint quite close so I'm using that when I start the resto job on my Egress. Will look awesome with the pink Avante BS wheels.

I've gone through the lot!

didn't see anything that took my fancy like standard boxart silver <_<

Don't know if you've ever seen the Radio Race Car review of the Egress from the late 80s but they painted it this odd green/yellow colour. I've found a paint quite close so I'm using that when I start the resto job on my Egress. Will look awesome with the pink Avante BS wheels.

I've seen pics of that egress recently, it looks awesome, I'm not brave enough to copy it though!