Sign in to follow this  
MiniManiac

Ebay.co.uk?

Simply is it workin or is it me. when i select the new today link, it come up the same as 11 this morning, the earliest post bein at about 9:47. Surely theres been more posts than that

try pressing "shift" when you press refresh and they latest ones should come up.

[:D]Unless theres a problem.[:D]

Hi, i have the same problem, try using the refresh page icon on the tool bar also ebay seem to only update every 2 - 2 1/2 hrs can sometimes be longer

Basically all the ebay sites stockpile new enteries (I think until they reach a preset number say 1000 or so) then when it hits that figure it releases them all. Thats why new stuff appears in batches every couple of hours or so. The time of release is not fixed it just depends on how much stuff goes in.

Occasionally they have periods when you don't get any updates for 8hrs or so - although I'd guess this was a problem at thier end.

As other have said this can sometimes be exagerated by the fact that you machine or or isp proxy server caches the pages when you last looked, so refreshing the page just gets the same page again rather than fetching another. Cntrl Shift cures this but it doesn't get you around the issue that i first mentioned, ie ebay 'releases' stuff at 'random' intervals

I have a feeling too that if you seach 'all countries' rather than ebay.com, .co.uk and .de etc in one search this can return older results then if you searched them al individually.

Chris.

I could be blind but - I have never seen this "new today" link on ebay, could someone please tell me which page it is on?

Thnaks