dj destiny

Superglue/model glue or another way?

At some point in my vintage hotshot restoration I've to o sort the aerial mount which was snapped off by the previous owner :lol:

Any ideas of how best to do it?

Obviously being an original chassis different from the rere I don't want to make it worse or ruin it!

P1060638.jpg

At some point in my vintage hotshot restoration I've to o sort the aerial mount which was snapped off by the previous owner :lol:

Any ideas of how best to do it?

Obviously being an original chassis different from the rere I don't want to make it worse or ruin it!

P1060638.jpg

hi clean it up and try some of that liquid clear model cement solvent just hold the part in place a hair apart and drip a drop or two in the space and press it together and let dry ...it melts the plastic back together.

If you don't care about looks use goop glue on it and go around the part with a smooth bead and paint it black that stuff it strong!

I assume it's ABS plastic like most Tamiya chassis? You might look into some solvent cement, such as Plastruct Bondene or maybe something similar for plumbing. It actually welds the plastic parts back together by melting the surfaces a little bit, instead of relying on the strength of the glue to hold. You might want to test it on another broken part first, to make sure it holds and doesn't distort the part.

It's going to be a shelf queen, so need it to be neat.

I think clear model cement is probable the best, don't want to risk getting white residue from superglue

It's going to be a shelf queen, so need it to be neat.

I think clear model cement is probable the best, don't want to risk getting white residue from superglue

Then put a washer under the chassis to hold it together . That will help a badword of a lot .