Sign in to follow this  
TWINSET

Axial Exo Buggy

Well #1, we can't seem to kill the virus I picked up on my laptop from that link.

#2 looks like a January 2012 release for those looking forward to it, posted on rcca forum.

#3 I MUST have a few of these for my beach running.

:D

Somehow I was kind of expecting a high speed aimed Axial for a while already ;) Looks good, the price is up there but then again if you look at it you know the money is probably well spent when you buy one :D

Well #1, we can't seem to kill the virus I picked up on my laptop from that link.

Get something called "Hijackthis".

Sometimes these virii will set up a self-installer, so that they will reinstall themselves everytime you reboot.

Hijackthis will expose this and help you remove that.

Get something called "Hijackthis".

Sometimes these virii will set up a self-installer, so that they will reinstall themselves everytime you reboot.

Hijackthis will expose this and help you remove that.

Thanks, will do !

#2 looks like a January 2012 release for those looking forward to it, posted on rcca forum.

#3 I MUST have a few of these for my beach running.

:D

I've finally got rid of the virus, it's a TDSS rootkit. The only solution i found is to use Kapersky's TDSSkiller, download the .exe, rename it to a .com, then run from a cmd line prompt. It should launch a little ui window, scan, then reboot. I also ran MalwareBytes' anti malware software to clean things up. Get both these things from bleepingcomputer.com, or I can send them to you.

No more Internet redirects or junk in temp Internet folders, but I'm still working on manually restoring all my hidden files and shortcuts. Good luck! Pm me if you need more info. :lol:

Tim.

PS: Sorry for the thread hijack, back to the original discussion... when is it out?! I need one of these. Or do I need a Wraith... surely they're both fulfilling a similar function?

Now this, I like. And released as a kit? Thank you, Axial. At least one other company out there is listening.

The only thing I'm not crazy about are those silly big-on-the-inside, little-on-the-outside wheels and tires; on an SC truck, you can't see the size discrepancy between the inner and outer beads, but on this, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm sure they work well, or else every company wouldn't have adopted them, but they look too toy-like.

Now this, I like. And released as a kit? Thank you, Axial. At least one other company out there is listening.

The only thing I'm not crazy about are those silly big-on-the-inside, little-on-the-outside wheels and tires; on an SC truck, you can't see the size discrepancy between the inner and outer beads, but on this, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm sure they work well, or else every company wouldn't have adopted them, but they look too toy-like.

Can't speak for any other trucks, but the reason they're like that on my Slash is simply down to the layout and size of the hub carriers. If you use ordinary 2.2" wheels that are the same size on the inside, the inside of the wheel rim fouls on the carrier. Obviously you could use wheels with a larger offset, but that then further increases the track of the car and spoils the scale.

I agree it does look a bit odd, but when the car's in motion, you don't really notice it.

That's me learnt something for the day then :D

I've always thought it was to get a low-profile tyre without spoiling the look - never even considered rubbage ;)

That's me learnt something for the day then :D

I've always thought it was to get a low-profile tyre without spoiling the look - never even considered rubbage ;)

Best new word ever !

Late January release according to post on RCCA Forum.

But, if it's anything like the Wraith release, it will be a month or two past that date - just in time for spring :) .

That's me learnt something for the day then ;)

I've always thought it was to get a low-profile tyre without spoiling the look - never even considered rubbage :)

Probably a combination of the two. Ironically, I'd never considered low profileage (see what I did there :) ), but now you mention it, makes perfect sense.

Short little video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o04EYKt9tU...feature=feedlik

It'll be this and the Supershot for me in 2012. Might have to sell off something like my Unimog (which I've kind of lost interest in) can't really justify owning too many vehicles at the moment.

The HPI truck does look pretty cool too. The drivers have moveable heads!

You do wonder if or when Tamiya are going to join the scale off road racer bandwagon?

edit. A bit shocked to see the EXO is going to be 350 quid for an all plastic non RTR kit. Why is the kit alone going to cost more than the Wraith RTR? And the HPI is £520!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit shocked to see the EXO is going to be 350 quid for an all plastic non RTR kit. Why is the kit alone going to cost more than the Wraith RTR? And the HPI is £520!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hpi is a lot bigger, the price for the EXO is not too bad, especially when you compare it to some of the pricy Tamiya kits that pale in performance.

The hpi is a lot bigger

There's not much in it - 30mm on the wheelbase and 5mm on the width

From their respective websites;

HPI

Length: 580mm

Wheelbase: 375mm (adjustable)

Width: 300mm

Height: 254mm

Drivetrain: Full-Time Shaft 4WD

Axial

Length: 482.6mm (19")

Wheelbase: 343mm (13.5")

Width: 295.3mm (11.6")

Height: 228.6mm (9")

Ground Clearance: 76.2mm (3")

HPI's a lot longer, but most of that is probably spare wheel;

c1_callout.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't be upset to be given either of 'em :unsure:

HPIC1.jpg

exo_side_900.jpg

Hey Andy, thanks for that clarification, I had read that the HPI was a lot bigger somewhere but I see the difference isn't much after all.

Like you, I'd take either one !

Wake up, Tamiya.

No worries, I was curious meself

The Slash 4x4 has a W/B of 13.2" (335mm) as does the 2WD version, so they're all still comparable - Couldn't see anyone abandoning the current SC sizes just to be different (or so different that they gotta go play on their own)

Maybe the Traxxas 'X' will be something else to consider (and not just a website revamp :unsure: )

http://traxxas.com/

Due 30/11...

the price for the EXO is not too bad, especially when you compare it to some of the pricy Tamiya kits that pale in performance.

When you compare it to the price of a Tamiya kit it's definitely not too bad. Mind you when you compare most high end crawlers or trucks to similar offerings from Tamiya then they generally seem like a bargain lol.

I think I was slightly shocked at the price of the EXO because the RTR Wraith is slightly less than 350 and I thought they would be the same. Money is tight with me these days but I now want an EXO more than any other new vehicle. Once you've included the motor/ESC/Li-Po its a lot of money. Need to save.

Screw the car, I want that track!

Yeah I thought the same thing. Its all very well buying a car like the EXO but it does help if you've got somewhere truly great to run it - which I don't at the moment! That's one of the reasons I like crawlers - they're easily pleased.

Just ordered it, LHS says to hit shelves here in Canada in early February but the Wraith was a few weeks behind here. Hopefully I'll have a build thread by end of february !

I know it's not a Tamiya but this thing is just so cool, and I've heard great things about Axial build quality.

1/10th scale too...

Axial EXO Terra Buggy

Check out all the licensed components.. I'm going to have to sell some stuff to buy one, and build it with a Wild Willy driver in it... or 2!

I'll wait until Nuremburg hobby show and if Tamiya doesn't announce a 3 speed re-re for me to buy, then this will be ordered....sorry Mr. T!

yes it is very cool and another plus it's a kit. 350.00US at tower.

Seems like everything is all in one box RTR nowadays but tamiya.