netsmithUK

Hi, NetsmithUK is back.

Hi All

Life is back into a bit more of a routine now for me and ever so slowly I'm finding myself with a bit more free time on my hands, so I'm going to be swinging by the forums a lot more regularly in the future.

Thanks to all those that have been looking after things while I've been on my sabbatical - its really appreciated. Glad to see so many familiar names still around.

Just to make it clear any questions about the running of the club and the rules etc, then post them in this forum (new topic for each question, just to keep things nice and simple) and I will answer them. I aim to check in at least once every 48hrs. As usual, if you question is related to the finer differences between motor x and motor y, or gear ratios, or painting or anything else then you are still better asking someone else.

Got big TC plans for 2012 and our 10th year anniversary but more on that later.

Got quite a few questions myself to ask about the vintage collecting scene myself, so hopefully you can join me in my other thread on the subject and help me out.

Please bear with me while I get a feel for the place again. Please don't be offended if you ask something that been asked before I just direct you to the previous relevant thread.

Cheers

Chris

I was always a bit disappointed that you dropped off the radar basically just as I got back into Tamiya and RC in general in late summer 2007 - a lot has happened since then!

Welcome back anyway ;)

@skip665 you didn't miss much ;) , I just helped run the place. My 'technical' RC knowledge was limited to understanding things needed batteries and wheels to run and my knowledge is basically still the same - a snap shot of where it was in 2007.

That said I'm excited to be back, I've got some new skills and ideas that I think will transfer into useful/interesting things for the club.

Chris

netsmith welcome back!

You havn't been missing mush except the fight between upset members against twinset/Tamiya/Netsmith/New rules.

I think Twinset pulled it of pretty good! ;)

Badboy

Got big TC plans for 2012 and our 10th year anniversary but more on that later.

Hope it's another hoax... ;) The fall out from the Sand Scorcher hoax was awesome...

I told you before that was not a hoax, I just 'leaked' the information a bit early. 5 years too early. ;)

I think Twinset pulled it off pretty good! ;)

Sometimes, you have to stick with what you're good at....

:lol:

Welcome back Chris.

Alex

P.S. Apologies to BadBoy for slightly editing his quote.... I know what he was trying to say...

Hi Chris..

It´s really nice to have you back, however, your "substitutes" have also done a great job running the "business" while you have been away. ;)

Cheers..

Michael

No arguments there, having done it for years I know it can be hard work sometimes. My upmost respect and gratitude to the guys - who are still all going to be around and doing their normal stuff. No change there. Im really back so those guys don't have to answer questions 'on my behalf' any more.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome back , great too hear your going to be around .

I would say twinset & the rest have been doing a great job

& thanks .

This is a great site , I have been looking on this site for years

& this year i joined . One of the best things i have done .

So thank you & your staff .

Nice to see you back Chris and with this, maybe the hope of an official TC meeting again !

I didn't write the "K" word... :(

HI good to hear your back into the fold again Chris. I was wondering whether anything was planned for the 10 years :( So will keep an eye out on that one. It'll be 9 years for me next year !!.

Appears quite a few of the original 'regulars' have dissapeared but still a few of us old un's still on ;)

It's great to hear that your back chris. I hope you have enjoyed your time away but enjoy getting back into the swing of things more.

I've just checked how long I've been a member for and it's my 8th anniversary next year wow time flies while your having fun eh?

Anyway welcome back Dazza1

Sometimes, you have to stick with what you're good at...

PFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Coffee all over the screen!

I don't get on here much any more either (work, new house, kids, etc) but its good to see the green helmet Willy head appearing again!