europro975

Tamiya 2012 Releases!

...I guess they *could* just be referring to the name change...

Fat chance.

I hope I'm wrong, but when Tamiya says "newly designed packaging", I hear "no blisters for you". I guess they *could* just be referring to the name change - but I'm not optimistic.

That's all right with me; parts trapped in blister packs are like Han Solo trapped in carbonite - they may look cool, but they want to be where the action is.

This shouts out Vanquish wheels to me (the Pink ones are on the BS Avante, just mould in White instead) and these perfectly fit the pin spike tyres.

Hopefully these white wheels will also be available separately. I could use about 5 sets ............

Mmm not so keen on this one, they definitely chose correctly with the Black Special

My God yeah, that white one should be called the "pregnancy test special".. it's just horrid!

My God yeah, that white one should be called the "pregnancy test special".. it's just horrid!

:rolleyes:

Wonder how it would look with dirt on it. Boggles the mind.

:)

Wonder how it would look with dirt on it. Boggles the mind.

A lot of members on here don't know what their r/c cars would look like with dirt on :):D

A lot of members on here don't know what their r/c cars would look like with dirt on :P:(

That is one of the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

A lot of members on here don't know what their r/c cars would look like with dirt on :P:(

True!

Different strokes for different folks, and all that, but I have run every single car I have.

I don't get the attraction in collecting parts in boxes, and never doing anything with those parts.

Although I am sure there are some who love doing that, it's not for me.

Then there's the shelf queen club. They restore something to perfection, and leave it on the shelf.

I'm closer to understanding those guys, but even then it doesn't make complete sense.

Each to their own I say, if that's their cup of tea fine, they'll never know how elegantly the egress jumps off a sidewalk curb onto the road.

That's all right with me; parts trapped in blister packs are like Han Solo trapped in carbonite - they may look cool, but they want to be where the action is.

These just made my day!

The Avante White Special, well... If they made a street version like they did with the Sand Rover, it would be one of the least useful and over-engineered on-road cars, but I think the Avante would look cool with road radials like the Sand Rover. This came to mind only because I imagine this is the only way they could make the White Special...

Oooops, VW Type 2 is January release, not February ;)

Just watched the video on Tamiya blog of this thing running and I have to admit it looks kinda rubbish. It's not the clearest video but something about the car doesnt look right.

It's a shame cause i thought the boxart pic looked really cool. I hope im wrong and it looks better once some higher quality pics are available but I seriously have my doubts.

Just watched the video on Tamiya blog of this thing running and I have to admit it looks kinda rubbish. It's not the clearest video but something about the car doesnt look right.

It's a shame cause i thought the boxart pic looked really cool. I hope im wrong and it looks better once some higher quality pics are available but I seriously have my doubts.

I just think a VW camper van doesn't look right as a monster truck. Would look much better on an M chassis imo. With a bit of luck, it won't be long before the body sets are available

I just think a VW camper van doesn't look right as a monster truck. Would look much better on an M chassis imo. With a bit of luck, it won't be long before the body sets are available

Your right and here's further proof of how pants this thing looks

header_58512.jpg

I think the body set looks cool but just not on this chassis.

I am a huge fan of the lunchbox so I was really excited to hear about this release. But I have to agree there is something off about the proportions.

:)

Maybe it looks better in person?

James.