europro975

Tamiya 2012 Releases!

LOL, well..

Sometimes I'm happy to see a re-release, and sometimes I'm sad.

I understand they want to make money and everything. But there really is no point anymore for anyone to buy/sell old stuff, it will just be re-released.

So those of us that paid a lot of $$$ for something in the belief it was rare and hard to obtain, will not be able to recoup that by re-selling it.

Of course that is great also, because we can buy cheaper stuff. But it's sad that your investment is now zero worth.

I don't understand this kind of attitude.

The originals will always be unique - you can't go back in time and put another 100 kits on the production line.

The re-releases will only ever be re-releases. Even if they were completely identical (the majority, if not all of them, have been different in some way), they could never be an original.

If you are collecting something for the perceived value, I feel you are completely missing the point of collecting. That is the attitude of a dealer.

Just because some people will pay less for an original after there is a re-release, doesn't mean that the joy of owning an original should be in any way diminished.

New release early in 2012:

Jan 84264 Nissan R91CP(92 Daytona Champion) 【限定商品】 EST ¥17,800

Jan 84270 Avante (2011)Black Special 【限定商品】 ¥62,000

Feb 84262 F104WGP (Inc Body) 【限定商品】 Est ¥33,800

Feb 84263 Tyrell P34 1977 Monaco GP Type【限定商品】 EST Est ¥22,000

Jan 58004 RCC XR311 Combat Buggy Est ¥22,800

Jan 58510 RCC Ferrari 599XX (TT-01 TYPE-E) ¥11,800

Jan 58512 RCC 1/12 VW Type゚2 (T1) Willy ¥16,800

Feb 58507 RCC Middle Class Shaft Buggy DB02(Tom's Body) EST Est ¥29,800

Feb 58513 RCC Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (TT-01 TYPE-E) ¥12,800

Feb 58516 RCC BMW 318iSTW (TT-0 TYPE-E) EST Est ¥12,800

Feb 58517 RCC Super Hotshot EST Est ¥34,800

Feb 58522 RCC Dune Buggy Street (DT02/380) EST Est ¥11,800

Jan 57822 XB VW GT24-CNG (TT-01 TYPE-E) Est ¥26,800

Feb 57823 XB Ferrari 599XX (TT-01TYPE-E) Est ¥25,800

Feb 57826 XB 1/12 VW Type 2 (T1) Willy Est ¥29,800

Feb 57828 XB Attack Buggy EST Est ¥28,000

Some very interesting releases.

Antony

If you post this in Japanese,I can read it and tell you what they really are instead of what you think they are.

I wonder if the re-re-release XR311 has anything to do with the huge response to the re-re FAV? Also, any idea why the XR311 came back still on 58004? It's not identical to the '77 version is it?

On another note, when you think about it the Boomerang shared many parts with the Hotshot 2 so maybe the Super Hotshot is just a Boomer re-re parts bin dump and, in a similar vein to the Mud Blaster 2, will feature repainted Hotshot 2 body with new decal designs?

If you post this in Japanese,I can read it and tell you what they really are instead of what you think they are.

Another good point. It could be that the Super Hotshot is just the Supershot in the same way that the "Attack Buggy" was actually the Fast Attack Vehicle.

I don't understand

Surely you must be able to understand that some people will be upset if they pay £200 for something, and then the next week it is virtually worthless?

That has nothing to do with collecting for value or any of that BS, that has to do with people feeling like they've wasted money.

Sometimes you might want to sell a car and buy another one, but then you find the car you had is now worthless so you can't sell it and buy the other one you wanted anymore.

Eh perhaps the 'Super' Hotshot is not what it sounds like? ;) Take a look at this, copied from Tamiyablog.com:

Future (late 2011/early 2012) Tamiya releases

'Will be continuously updated as we are waiting for some more items to be confirmed'

RC-Kits:

56033 German Tiger I Heavy Tank Full Operation Set (w/4ch Radio)

84265 Hotshot (2007) Metallic Special

84266 Toyota GT-One TS020 (F103RS w/Sponge Tyres)

Seems like Tamiya recently have a quote on chrome parts to make :lol: Clod Metallic, Brat Metallic, Hotshot Metallic, M05 chassis' in chrome, Wheels in chrome...

Eh perhaps the 'Super' Hotshot is not what it sounds like? ;) Take a look at this, copied from Tamiyablog.com:

Future (late 2011/early 2012) Tamiya releases

'Will be continuously updated as we are waiting for some more items to be confirmed'

RC-Kits:

56033 German Tiger I Heavy Tank Full Operation Set (w/4ch Radio)

84265 Hotshot (2007) Metallic Special

84266 Toyota GT-One TS020 (F103RS w/Sponge Tyres)

Except that Antony has listed the Super Hotshot as 58517....will be interesting to see this metallic effort though. Chromed rollcage anyone?

SUPER HOTSHOT coolugh.gif

hmm Avante Black Special... yep, they sure know we're all suckers for this nostalgic gig

Makes more sense than the Vajra.

Makes more sense than the Vajra.

Releasing a King Tiger tank shell on an SRB chassis makes more sense than the Vajra ;)

Except that Antony has listed the Super Hotshot as 58517....will be interesting to see this metallic effort though. Chromed rollcage anyone?

Nice ;) Didn't spot that! So a Metallic Hotshot and a Superhot then!? Seems like there are plenty of rumours on Tamiya's plans for this winter and spring! :lol:

....still no Toyota/blazer/bruiser :-(

But I'm excited to see what they make of that super hotshot...... I just love the hotshot/boomerang "family" of buggies.

Releasing a King Tiger tank shell on an SRB chassis makes more sense than the Vajra ;)

I'm still laughing. :lol:

Would actually be nice for the super hotshot to be a whole new car, rather than a supershot re-re.

Something like this:

img33435_08112011200551_1.jpg

img33435_08112011200551_2.jpg

img33435_08112011200551_3.jpg

Essentially a hotshot II but without the red shocks and with vanquish wheels, and a front upper wishbone support.

Add to this a vented roof and a hotshot II shell with some new decals, and please, please, ball diff ala thorpe frog diffs in the back, and a 1 way roller in the front so I can put a 8.5T brushless in it without shredding the trans. Possibly add dual shocks to the front, although the mono shock does seem to provide more travel.

The suspension is better on the rear than the supershot arrangement, and the underguard provides some protection without reducing the ground clearance like the supershot item does. I also think the vanquish wheels look great on it, better than the gold plated hotshot wheels.

I suspect the super hotshot will either be a supershot re-re, or a hotshot II re-re though. Still, it will probably be on my to buy list whatever form it takes, as long it uses the basic original hotshot design.

Would actually be nice for the super hotshot to be a whole new car, rather than a supershot re-re.

A whole new car would be good but I really hope they don't just bang the HPS and underguard on the Hotshot because I've alwayd thought Hotshots look ugly with the HPS fitted. It really needs the Supershot body to complete the whole look.

LOL, well..

Sometimes I'm happy to see a re-release, and sometimes I'm sad.

I understand they want to make money and everything. But there really is no point anymore for anyone to buy/sell old stuff, it will just be re-released.

So those of us that paid a lot of $$$ for something in the belief it was rare and hard to obtain, will not be able to recoup that by re-selling it.

Of course that is great also, because we can buy cheaper stuff. But it's sad that your investment is now zero worth.

If the Supershot IS coming back then I am one of those who will be directly affected as I have just completed a 2 year search of finding every NIP part needed to build a brand new original example. This will undoubtedly mean that a car that was worth ~£400 before the re-release will now have lost about 25 to 50% of it's value. I'm not bothered though as I've always wanted an original and the "re-release" will be very different to the original. Altered A, B & G parts, no Technipower, different drive & prop shafts, hatched top chassis, different screws and anti-roll bar...plus the disappearance of the MSC. Although I love the re-re's there are still some cars that I want to have the original versions of and the Supershot is one of them, therefore any loss of value really makes no difference to me. It became clear when the Avante arrived that anything was now possible so if people have continued to buy stuff in the belief that it could never come back then they've been rather foolish really.

If the Supershot IS coming back then I am one of those who will be directly affected as I have just completed a 2 year search of finding every NIP part needed to build a brand new original example. This will undoubtedly mean that a car that was worth ~£400 before the re-release will now have lost about 25 to 50% of it's value. I'm not bothered though as I've always wanted an original and the "re-release" will be very different to the original. Altered A, B & G parts, no Technipower, different drive & prop shafts, hatched top chassis, different screws and anti-roll bar...plus the disappearance of the MSC. Although I love the re-re's there are still some cars that I want to have the original versions of and the Supershot is one of them, therefore any loss of value really makes no difference to me. It became clear when the Avante arrived that anything was now possible so if people have continued to buy stuff in the belief that it could never come back then they've been rather foolish really.

+ 1

I'd say with the VW type 2 (Willys type) "Willys" actually means "Wheelie" and it will be on a Lunchbox chassis.

But that's just going by the early translations that came out for the re-re Montero... which also said Willy and had some members excited about getting a Willy figure...

The translation machines fail again.

I think some of this might be getting lost in translation. I've noticed "wheelie" and "willy" are often transposed or interchanged on Japanese products. For instance, my Mauri Super Wheelie Toyota Land Cruiser (as printed on the box) included a big sticker for the rear tire that said "Super Willy" Being listed as both 1/12 scale and as a VW type2 Bus leads me to believe this will be a Lunch Box based vehicle. Don't discount the Super Shot either. "Super Hot Shot" just might be their way of saying Super Shot. After all, when the Frog was released, it was called the Mighty Frog at first. When the re-re Hot Shot was annouced I distinctly remember being told there was no way it would be like the original that was far too flawed to be brought back. It was thought by many that it would return on the DF-03 chassis. Yet 2007 came around and we were blessed with a rather acturate Hot Shot rerelease.

I'd say with the VW type 2 (Willys type) "Willys" actually means "Wheelie" and it will be on a Lunchbox chassis.

But that's just going by the early translations that came out for the re-re Montero... which also said Willy and had some members excited about getting a Willy figure...

The translation machines fail again.

I think some of this might be getting lost in translation. I've noticed "wheelie" and "willy" are often transposed or interchanged on Japanese products. For instance, my Mauri Super Wheelie Toyota Land Cruiser (as printed on the box) included a big sticker for the rear tire that said "Super Willy" Being listed as both 1/12 scale and as a VW type2 Bus leads me to believe this will be a Lunch Box based vehicle. Don't discount the Super Shot either. "Super Hot Shot" just might be their way of saying Super Shot. After all, when the Frog was released, it was called the Mighty Frog at first. When the re-re Hot Shot was annouced I distinctly remember being told there was no way it would be like the original that was far too flawed to be brought back. It was thought by many that it would return on the DF-03 chassis. Yet 2007 came around and we were blessed with a rather acturate Hot Shot rerelease.

Great points made here. It looks like the Supershot is coming back. ;)

Edit : Tamiyablog have now confirmed the VW Type 2 is a wheelie.

Oh boy, more wild speculation! I love these threads.

Definitely some eyebrow-lifters in this list; I'm very interested to see Tamiya's take on a VW Type 2. I'm really hoping it's a hard plastic body, but I suspect it will be lexan. A Supershot would be a welcome sight, because an Avante is too much money for me, but I always did love the looks of the full-option 4WD buggies.

Still waiting for the Wild One, and none of the on-roaders really interest me at the moment because I have nowhere to run them. I always did like that Nissan, though; I may have to get one of those ad keep it for some day when I have a bigger driveway.

The XR311 puzzles me, though. Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons.

ohhhhh,, so no Egress or Vanquish re-re.

Well I've had my Egress since around 1992, so for me it makes no difference.

I haven't paid any significant ammounts for anything for that car, so I'm out no less.

But I'm sure those guys who have paid $400 for a decent runner will be bawling their little eyes out.

Oooh - 58516 BMW 318i STW (TT-01E). This car was already released as an XB, but maybe they might finally make just the body set available again?

Time will tell if we get a Super Shot or a Hot Shot Metallic Special. At this time, it looks like it's the latter, no Super Shot for you.

I built a couple of Super Shots years ago from parts too, before the price of parts esp. the underguard, pressed parts, body shells, decals and wheels went through the roof. TBH, it'd be nice if a re-re kit came out and the prices came down again. To me, the Super Shot isn't defined by the Technipower motor (although both my Super Shots have this motor). The Super Shot is just a Hot Shot with all the hop-ups (a higher rated motor, gold wheels, underguard, HP suspension, bearings, better drive shafts, spike tires instead of ovalblock, roof with integrated driver figure helmet cooling duct) included in the kit.

- James