Chilihook

Hi Guys, it's been a while

Well where to begin?

I think my last post here was over three years ago when I had just sold my house and was about to move in with my in-laws for a little while whilst house hunting. We've been in OUR house 3 years now, have a second daughter with a third on the way (please be a boy, please be a boy!) and the house, for now, is pretty much settled. There are no excuses anymore, winter's settling in and I'll have some time to start a couple of teardowns and one fresh new build. Yep, I got bit again.

My 5 and 1/2 year old saw my WRC Focus sitting on my work table and asked if we could play with it about a month ago. I said sure and we went out into the driveway and had some fun. She had a ball driving it around a road I drew with sidewalk chalk while I enjoyed seeing her concentrate so hard on staying in the "lanes" and laugh when she went out of them and into the grass. We played for about 2 hours. I was bit even harder now...

When I put the car back, I started to dig through the boxes with all my other cars in them and brought out EVERYTHING I have r/c related. I was done for!

Boomerang - needs front bumper, a new body and wing, paint, decals, and a thorough cleaning and lubing

Grasshopper - to be brought back to runner status at a later date... I'm thinking I might rebuild it and paint it pink to give to my daughter for a birthday present!

Blackfoot - needs a radio, esc, new motor, and decals

Wild One - complete restoration, thorough cleaning, disassembly-reassembly, motor, radio, esc

Fox - In good shape, needs a new body and decals

WRC Ford Focus - needs nothing and is pretty darn quick!

Fast Attack Vehicle - FRESH BUILD

To remedy the radio issue with many of the vehicles, I bought one radio and several recievers. I've got decals for the Blackfoot and Boomerang with a new bumper on the way. I have a couple of basic motors on the way as well for the Blackfoot and Wild One.

I think I am going to overhaul the Boomerang first as it requires the least amount of work for the biggest payoff - all wheel drive in the (soon to come, I'm sure) snow! And it just looks like a lot of fun to get into again.

Well everybody, sorry I've been away so long from such a fine group of folks and a hobby that is just too fun to give up on. More photo/rebuild threads to come!

Cheers! ;)

-Mike

Well where to begin?

I think my last post here was over three years ago when I had just sold my house and was about to move in with my in-laws for a little while whilst house hunting. We've been in OUR house 3 years now, have a second daughter with a third on the way (please be a boy, please be a boy!) and the house, for now, is pretty much settled. There are no excuses anymore, winter's settling in and I'll have some time to start a couple of teardowns and one fresh new build. Yep, I got bit again.

Welcome back!

Like you I drited away with house moves and children taking up my time but now have no excuse and have even started to convert my garden shed into an insulated workshop with a beer fridge!

As Michael Corleone said...