Chilihook

Boomerang tear down and restoration

Nice idea, I hadn't thought of that! I might look into it. Just thinking out loud, I wonder if there is a problem with the downward travel without that funky little limiter tab on the bottom side? Hmmmm. Now i want to go fool about in the parts bin to see what I might have in stock....

Anyone tried this before? Great idea MadInventor!!!! Thanks.

The downward travel may be a problem depending on the shock length, but this can be compensated for by fitting o-rings or a sleeve on the shock piston, inside the shock absorber to limit the downward travel of the shock.

The downward travel may be a problem depending on the shock length, but this can be compensated for by fitting o-rings or a sleeve on the shock piston, inside the shock absorber to limit the downward travel of the shock.

Yup, I think you nailed it. I'm going to try it and see how it works.

Cracking ideas, and a perfect example of thinking outside the box! Much appreciated. :(

1st thing , Are you running the battery pack ( AA x 4 ) to run the receiver & servos ?? .

I have had the same problems that you have had , with my bruiser . MSC did not have

the receiver power wire on it , So i used the battery pack ( AA X 4 ) . Well that went funny

so i put new batterys in it & it was fine to use for a minute . Then the servos went all haywire .

As soon as i put power to run the bruiser it also went haywire & the receiver went out ( off ) .

So i removed the receiver pack & put another MSC on that had the receiver wire on it &

Put another stick pack on that , Just to run the receiver as i still had the motor MSC still hooked

up to another stick pack , As this MSC ( original MSC did have the receiver power wire on it ) .

Well i gave it a shot & it didn't miss a beat . So i have removed the receiver wire off another old MSC

& put it on the bruiser MSC . It works fine & no twitching . I also have the 2.4 gig radio gear + I have

three servos . So i wonder if the 2.4 gig just takes more power to run & with the dig servos uses the power

as well ?. I have given my bruiser a good run & have had no trouble at all .

Hi Everybody,

It's been a little while... Happy New Year! Well, the holidays are over, things have settled down and I have barely touched the Boomerang since before Christmas. I still haven't got the radio situation sorted out (the 1/1 scale car needed LOTS of work right after the holidays, ouch) but I did get the Body trimmed out and painted. My masking and taping skills were no match for some insidious black window paint which bled under the final coat of yellow paint. I'll admit it, I'm pretty disappointed in how it turned out and am thinking about how I can make the best of what I have. I'll get a picture up soon. Decals will come once I decide what I am gong to do with the paint bleed and THEN I will finalize the radio problem.