BUGBOX

REAL SIZE WILD WILLY

I loved seeing the bug come together, I have no idea what these things cost but your work and detail is awesome...

Can't wait to see it finished (Willy that is) and then a second Scorcher...

If my lottery ticket wins I'll give you a call with some orders.. :o

I can't find any recent posts about the WW.. whats happening to it now... ?????

Hello Guys, the pics in the original posts Show the today's Situation! I put some in there besäusele you only have Limited size with every post. Wie a Doping the Willy, amorpher Scorcher (No.2) Ande probably a Rough Rider. We are currently trying to by a Funco SS as a base car and some Good used Sand Blaster Tires. The Museum is called Motobox. I habe nö idea if it will be accessable for Public or Not. Wie Mighty have the Chance to book a Group visit! I'll Keeper you posted. Fellow the Willy build in Facebook and you will get all updates. At the Moment wie are Finishing the very expensive rims. Wie have soe other Projects to Take care off and earn some cash before wie can move on with the assembly! Search for THE BUG BOX on Facebook and Check on all pictures and you will find the folders! Like us if you like! Cheers, Walter!

Sorry, I'm not english mother tongue. I don't know the meaning of this word. I hope it's not a dirty word...

Max

I hope you mean Wheelies :o

Wheelies is not a dirty word. It means wheel stand...which the Wild Willy 1 and 2 could do very easily!! <_< Wild Willy 2 flips over backwards way too easy. I wish it had a better wheelie bar.

We had a little progress today! :-)

I love the quality of your work . True craftsmanship . Well done so far and if it looks half as good as the Scorcher then it will be outstanding .

for the final picture, throw out Willy and please ask Wendy if she wants to pose. <_<

We are getting closer to finish the Willy and a friend / customer of mine is doing the helmet with the help of his girlfriend!

post-28363-1326971245_thumb.jpg

post-28363-1326971264_thumb.jpg

post-28363-1326971278_thumb.jpg

post-28363-1326971290_thumb.jpg

Hello,

some of you might know that we hav built a real size Sand Scorcher 2 years ago that now resides in the entrance hall of the TAMIYA headqauter in Japan.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...5531&type=3

and

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...5531&type=3

Now we are comissioned to build a WILD WILLY M38 and another SANDSCORCHER for a museum in Hamburg.

The Willy will be finished soon and can be seen on various show in Europe this year, starting with Freddy Files in Ninove this march followed by the Volksworld Show in Esher/ GB, 1st of may Volkswagen Show in Hannover.

If you like to see the whole project, then check out our facebook pages:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...5531&type=3

and

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2...5531&type=3

Here is a link to the same subject on the vintage discussions forum:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64460

I hope you like it!

Regards,

Walter

[Threads Merged]

post-28363-1326971869_thumb.jpg

post-28363-1326971874_thumb.jpg

How about the fare in Nuernberg will it be there just like the Scorcher was?

How about the fare in Nuernberg will it be there just like the Scorcher was?

It won´t be in Nuernberg as Tamiya doesn´t need it. They want to promote the new models. They do not produce a Wild Willy at the moment!

The HEAD "HELMET" is almost done! We are working on the spare wheel at the moment!

post-28363-1327654199_thumb.jpg

post-28363-1327654205_thumb.jpg

The HEAD "HELMET" is almost done! We are working on the spare wheel at the moment!

So will you be cutting some eyes into the helmet so someone can wear it whilst driving the Wild Willy or is it to attach to a mannequin?

SUCH A COOL PROJECT...

WHEN I WIN THAT EUROMILLIONS I'LL HAVE A

SAND SCORCHER

AND

SUPER CHAMP please 1:1 of course

So will you be cutting some eyes into the helmet so someone can wear it whilst driving the Wild Willy or is it to attach to a mannequin?

It will have eyes cut in so that everybody can be a driver!

It is based on a real helmet.

This is just amazing! I am assuming you will get the scorcher back one day and have them side by side?

Few questions...

Are you going to powdercoat the wheels white?

Is it going to have a wheelie bar (either fake or real)?

If the wheelie bar is real, are you sure it wont need the NO2 bottle connected for wheelie good fun? :mellow:

I love how you have added all the smaller details like the screw heads and rear multi-links etc!

If the BugBox scorcher is anything to go by, this is going to be an absolute stunner!

That's looking great - what about adding a photo with a person standing next to it so we can see the scale.

Keep it up fellas, once finished that's going to be an amazing looking jeep :mellow:

That's looking great - what about adding a photo with a person standing next to it so we can see the scale.

Keep it up fellas, once finished that's going to be an amazing looking jeep :mellow:

If anything its even better than the Scorcher . I love it .