Sign in to follow this  
bromvw

MEGA LIPO

Just found these while site hopping - enough power for anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10900 mAh 2s lipo

quote:

Word from MaxAmps is they just announced the new 10900mah 2-Cell 120C LiPo battery pack. Talk about your long run times! I’m pretty sure the way we bash, most our vehicles would be broken before we ran out of juice with a 10900 pack! LOL.

It boasts the standard MaxAmps stats with 3-year 300 cycle guarantee, true 120C rating, 5C fast charge capable, and 100% waterproof! They will also add whatever connectors you want on the end, which is good since Cubby normally makes fun of my soldering skills when it comes to replacing connectors!

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=312

post-37759-1321095324_thumb.jpg

i think a scorcher gearbox would go into meltdown with that battery !

maybe not , would all depend on the gearing . My own thoughts are going towards a 4000 kv ish brushless , slipper clutch and ball diff set up .

well i think my balls would be slipping at the price anyhow !!!!!

there is that lol , not exactly cheap

i think a scorcher gearbox would go into meltdown with that battery !

Not at all - that's just how much power the battery is capable of delivering. It's still just 7.4 volts. In a 540-powered Scorcher, it would run the same as any other lipo; the difference being you could drive to Phoenix and back.

I can see it now, though: Ultimate Enduro racing. Last driver still awake wins...

Not at all - that's just how much power the battery is capable of delivering. It's still just 7.4 volts. In a 540-powered Scorcher, it would run the same as any other lipo; the difference being you could drive to Phoenix and back.

I can see it now, though: Ultimate Enduro racing. Last driver still awake wins...

5-6 hour run times would be ideal when going to the beach ect , no need to take a charger or extra batterys

Given the battery is claimed to be able to be charged at up to 5C, you'd need a 55A charger !!!

DOH fair point buddie lmao

Mega mAh batteries comes very handy for us who does so called long trail runs with our scale rigs..

On a long trail trip I usually use 5000-10.000 of mAh, i.e two 5000 packs..

If you don't need that 120C punch, Traxxas make a battery with 12.800mAh :):)

The good news with the maxamps packs is that they are waterproof as some of us need when we drive in wet surfaces or submerge the rig, the downside is the price...

max amps batteries are way over rated. that c rating isn't true either, it's the max absolute discharge capabiltity that thye are using for c rating.

there are threads all over rctech, rcu and other forums about max amp batts not living up to the hype.

buyer beware, you may not be getting what you pay for with these batteries.

i know a few racers that used to hail max amps, but have since switched to other brands, even turnigy.

While progress is awesome, sometimes I think it's funny how much actual power you can get.

Sure for some cars/trucks you need it, but just the other day I was wondering about needing more power in my M chassis.

Then I put in a castle sidewinder combo, and run with 3000 MAH NIMH 6-cell. I have to run it at 40% throttle in order for my M chassis to act like an actual car!

Anything above that and the thing torques itself into a mess, and is uncontrollable.

If anyone is worried about doing damage to their gears remember this: Just because your car can go 1000 mph does not mean you have to drive it 1000 mph.

Bigger battery is like a long range fuel tank... just goes longer, doesn't make car go any faster.