breck

Super Shot Re Release

Bring on the Gold wheels and pin spike tyres. The only things i need to restore my original.

I'll race ya to hoard when the kit splitters start doing their thing :-D

Also undertrays, shocks, body sets...

One thing I'm not too happy about are the fat drive shafts, but hopefully eBay can provide some originals.

One thing I'm not too happy about are the fat drive shafts, but hopefully eBay can provide some originals.

Your on! I'm counting on kit splitters to do their thing and do it quickly.

Bring on the Gold wheels and pin spike tyres. The only things i need to restore my original.

Your on! I'm counting on kit splitters to do their thing and do it quickly.

Ha! I am a step ahead then as I only need the wheels

Ebay can but you will also need to buy original gear box joints and wheel axles as well as the diameter of the drive shaft ball and/or splines are different. Cheaper and easier to go for re issue Boomerang drive shafts imo, look similar albeit the fronts are not Brown but then this is a 'Super Hotshot'!

Drat! :(

What are the boomer part nos?

Maybe I should start my hoarding early? :D

you can get the pin spike tyres on the avante , Thats all i used for the rear & the fronts were easy to get .

Gold rims i got too sets . Payed a arm & a leg to get them :( .

Drat! :(

What are the boomer part nos?

Maybe I should start my hoarding early? :D

I got parts bag B 9400860 & parts bag A 9400859 , boomerang .

B has most of it , But A has the gear box bits :D

Ebay can but you will also need to buy original gear box joints and wheel axles as well as the diameter of the drive shaft ball and/or splines are different. Cheaper and easier to go for re issue Boomerang drive shafts imo, look similar albeit the fronts are not Brown but then this is a 'Super Hotshot'!

Hmmm if you get the original driveshafts and cups, do the E clips from the re-release 'Shot gearboxes work with the original drive shafts? I imagine they would - but if not then there's more bad news - the gearbox halves will also need to be replaced with originals (very hard to find), and use the original C clips instead of the E rings. If you don't do this, then the diff won't work.

- James

Hmmm if you get the original driveshafts and cups, do the E clips from the re-release 'Shot gearboxes work with the original drive shafts? I imagine they would - but if not then there's more bad news - the gearbox halves will also need to be replaced with originals (very hard to find), and use the original C clips instead of the E rings. If you don't do this, then the diff won't work.

- James

If you need to use the c clips that would be fine , BUT you will need to put shims in .

Now the E clip works fine as i have use it . On a runner vintage hotshot but used re re gear cases .

- James

If you want to use thin drive shafts in the re-re then original thundershot drive shafts should be ok. The thundershot used the smaller diameter drive cups and and axles of the re-re. I have just rebuilt a super sabre and fitted thundershot axles, drive shafts, and drive cups to it. Both front and rear suspension travel seems fine, although I did need to fit o rings into the drive cups and axles on the rear of the car to keep the drive shaft pins away from the edge of the drive cups. If the re-re hotshot is anything to go on, tamiya will include red TA-02 front uprights to use on the front if you want to use the the slightly longer drive shafts (These spares were what I used to complete the super sabre rebuild). Thundershot / Top force UJs also fit very nicely in the rear end, but for some reason bind slightly in the front.

Offical Images from Tamiya Website

header58517.jpg

gallery02w.jpg

Anyone who doesn't think this is one of the best looking buggies ever is kidding themselves. I mean look at it. It's just plain sexy (am i allowed to say that on here?!)

If you want to use thin drive shafts in the re-re then original thundershot drive shafts should be ok. The thundershot used the smaller diameter drive cups and and axles of the re-re. I have just rebuilt a super sabre and fitted thundershot axles, drive shafts, and drive cups to it. Both front and rear suspension travel seems fine, although I did need to fit o rings into the drive cups and axles on the rear of the car to keep the drive shaft pins away from the edge of the drive cups. If the re-re hotshot is anything to go on, tamiya will include red TA-02 front uprights to use on the front if you want to use the the slightly longer drive shafts (These spares were what I used to complete the super sabre rebuild). Thundershot / Top force UJs also fit very nicely in the rear end, but for some reason bind slightly in the front.

Thanks,

But Thundershot? The purist in me is revolting :)

Maybe I should just get the kit first and then see.

The Hotshot re-release was what got me back into the hobby. I used the opportunity to restore my old Supershot. But purism got the better of me and it is now back to non-re-re parts except for a repro shell. Getting a new SuperShot is going to be exciting.

Anyone who doesn't think this is one of the best looking buggies ever is kidding themselves. I mean look at it. It's just plain sexy (am i allowed to say that on here?!)

I'm with you. That's the Kit I have always been waiting for since tamiya started reissueing.

I'm with you. That's the Kit I have always been waiting for since tamiya started reissueing.

+1. The Super Shot was one of the first cars I tracked down after re-discovering this hobby, along with the Fox.

- James

will be looking to finally get my original '86 hotshot unto supershot suspension specifications when parts are available. Hopefully we can all be sensible and grab what we need from ebay without pushing up prices to much!

F

Has anyone heard a definative release date for the "super hotshot" yet?

Looks like the Tamiya release date is the 25th Feb for this one.

I'm sure Jason (JR-RC) will be breaking a few kits.

Cheers, Not long now then. Has Tamiya announced if this kit will come with blister packaging like the original supershot or modern boxes like the Hotshot Re-Re?

I'm counting on it. Come on gold wheels.

This will be my first 4WD buggy!

OSR:)

Really?? What has taken you sooooo long? You will never look back once you start driving 4wd buggies.

I'm gonna keep the gold wheels for my original, put others on this, and this will be my runner, to sit alongside my (hopefully) pristine original, anyone recall what motor this has got?

Anyone notice the large number of 'vintage' shells appearing on ebay? The boxes look in remarkable condition given their age!