Hullstorage

Upgrade to Brushless Motor for Dark Impact Advice Wanted

Just now, Wooders28 said:

It's just the actual gears (bar the heli mod slipper gear) and body I've not replaced yet! lol

She took 5S not too bad either to get top (For now) of the 4wd speed runs 😁

Yes I view my neo scorcher as a rolling conveyer belt of different parts all doing their temporary stint in service. It's like the fork and fork handles sketch :-). 

4 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Just get used to seeing things like 

20170406_193721.jpg

That is very familiar :-)

12 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

In my (extremely) Limited experience the tamiya motors seem very very expensive for what they are. Modelsport made me up some tamiya plug leads for my speed passion motor to run on the tble-02s if you don't fancy soldering.

My Thunder Dragon is handling 10.5t no problem so I would think a dark impact would too.

Hi Thunder. I know it's probably mentioned in one of your other posts but are you using nimh batteries? I currently run 3300mah and would be looking to stick with these.

also can anyone tell me whether or not the tble-02s will fit in the chassis with a fan attached to it?

13 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

also can anyone tell me whether or not the tble-02s will fit in the chassis with a fan attached to it?

Just depEnds on the Positioning I tend to stick the esc on the side of the middle channel, not much space to spare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Hi Thunder. I know it's probably mentioned in one of your other posts but are you using nimh batteries? I currently run 3300mah and would be looking to stick with these.

Yup, 3300 nimh is what I use.

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Yup, 3300 nimh is what I use.

How long do you think you get out of each one? 

2 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

Just depEnds on the Positioning I tend to stick the esc on the side of the middle channel, not much space to spare. 

Ok thanks. Will try it at the widest part

2 hours ago, mman2005 said:

How long do you think you get out of each one? 

15-20 mins if I have just taken it off charge? Not really timed it. Enough to have fun and I usually take a couple of packs with me to the park.

Hi guys. I got my dark impact out over the weekend with a sports tuned motor in and a fresh battery. It ran well but the rear diff seems to be screeching under load. I opened up the diff casing and it looks ok but it doesn't sound to pretty. Could it be that it's slipping? I haven't got a slipper clutch fitted. I can only assume I've done something wrong as my thunder dragon sounds fine with the sports tuned.

On 3/8/2012 at 5:44 PM, RS2RSR said:

Just ordered 3 sets of the FIVE STAR FS-7039 main slipper shaft from RC-Champ and just wanted you guys to know that FIVE STAR still have them in stock.

Just send RC-Champ a mail. The price wasnt bad either.

Don't suppose you still have one of those three as a spare do you?? :D

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2012 at 5:44 PM, RS2RSR said:

Just ordered 3 sets of the FIVE STAR FS-7039 main slipper shaft from RC-Champ and just wanted you guys to know that FIVE STAR still have them in stock.

Just send RC-Champ a mail. The price wasnt bad either.

Don't suppose you have one of those three FS-7039 as a spare do you? I've got a DF03 project I'm slowly building all the necessary parts for and this one is obviously key :D

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=122170&id=52876

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Don't suppose you have one of those three FS-7039 as a spare do you? I've got a DF03 project I'm slowly building all the necessary parts for and this one is obviously key :D

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=122170&id=52876

If it's just power handling capabilities you are needing, then make one, I actually think the one I did would be stronger!! 🤔

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

If it's just power handling capabilities you are needing, then make one, I actually think the one I did would be stronger!! 🤔

Yes, I've read around this quite a bit and have seen your thread. Nice work!

Unfortunately I don't have, or have access to, a lathe, or an angle grinder, or a suitable heat source! So the slow, patient hunt for FS-7039 continues...

I've got a slipper clutch and have gradually managed to track down a set of hardened rear diff outdrives, universal joints and hardened turnbuckles, so I'm getting there slowly, piece by piece 

6 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Unfortunately I don't have, or have access to, a lathe, or an angle grinder, or a suitable heat source!

The pinion I used seems to be unavailable now, which was a bit too big and needed the chop. 

If you get the pinion from the company on the Facebook link, you'd 'only' need a vice tbh, which any decent garage or engineering place should be able to do for you. Worst case, send it me, and I'll swap it 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

If you get the pinion from the company on the Facebook link, you'd 'only' need a vice tbh, which any decent garage or engineering place should be able to do for you. Worst case, send it me, and I'll swap it 🤷‍♂️

I've sent an email to see if I can get hold of one, and I've ordered a vice! (any excuse!) :D

I've read through the FB DF03 group and still not entirely sure how to push the old pinion off and the new one on, so will be back soon asking for your help and guidance. And if I totally badword it up then I may well take you up on your offer!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Juhunio said:

I've read through the FB DF03 group and still not entirely sure how to push the old pinion off and the new one on,

I measured the distance, and made up a spacer (some washers), pressed the old one off using a bolt and a long reach socket, then pressed the new one on with the measured spacers,so it pressed it to the same spot on the shaft.

On FB, he used a spacer, but used the new gear to push off the old one.

12 hours ago, Juhunio said:

And if I totally badword it up then I may well take you up on your offer!!!

No bother mate.

• Thanks 1