netsmithUK

MANUALS ARE BACK ONLINE!

Yep after all the 'unpleasantries' early in the year I thought it was worth going back to them and seeing if they would reconsider and they said yes!

Technically they said,

"With regard to manuals we are happy to grant permission for these to be available on your site until further notice. We of course reserve the right to withdraw this permission at any time without notice and for any reason."

So as of now, all the manuals are back in their usual home

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/manuals.asp

Cheers

Chris

WOO HOO !! Great news as outside of the first 100 manuals the web coverage is patchy. I have several parts lists and exploded diagrams, but no manual - should now be able to fills soem gaps.

common sense prevails B)

B) , WooHoo .

And thanks to team TC for getting them back .

Excellent news! They make it so much easier to help others with model related problems when you have easy access to the manuals.

Since you apparently have a good contact, how about asking them to fill in the gaps in the manual collection?

Can't hurt to try... B)

Glad you are all happy.

Don't want this to sound like I battled the 'big guy' though over several months, with clever emails and reasoning. I just thought I'd try again, now the dust had all settled. I didn't bring anything new to the table (other than mentioning our upcoming 10 year anniversary events) and they replied within a couple of days to say "Yes"

I was so pleased with the result, I didn't push it and ask for the reason of the change of heart.

Chris.

This is good news :) , I have tried searching on the Tamiya site for manuals and couldn't find anything I wanted.

Fantastic news. But I cant remember which manual i wanted to look at noe duuuuurrrr !!!

Ah that is good news, I can take stuff to bits again now!

Very very well done , just shows what a collective group of like minded people and achive .

Chris

That is awesome news mate..........I am sure you are aware....I was pretty lost without the manuals ;-)

T

YES! AWESOME! :P:D :D

You should become a negotiator man! ;)

Anyway, just a question. Is it permitted to save the images on our computers for personal use? :rolleyes: Just in case someone at Tamiya Headquarters changes his/her mind...

The manuals have always been served on a 'take what you need' basis and we still expect that to be respected.

The whole process of how the pages are served is to prevent wholesale downloading of the manuals. It can make things a bit of a PITA but if you are only using it occasionally to get a couple of manuals its ok. The alternative was to let people, who largelty contribute nothing to the club, to set tools on the site which downloaded everything - this killed our bandwidth, our server and allowed them to produce DVDs that were then sold on ebay.

Next time demand an Egress re-re :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself. I'd prefer he asks for a Monster Beetle on its original chassis. ;)

Great news!