Sign in to follow this  
ChrissyH

MTRONIKS SPORT 20

Mtroniks sport 20. Anyone know if these are any good? Pricewise they are 2 £30 on ebay which seems good to me. I just need something for a standard 540/380 motor, with reverse.

I have several and think they are great value for moeny, auto set up makes them great for swapping from model to model.

Some complain the time to engage reverse is a little slow, but for general use i think they are very hard to beat.

The reverse is a gradual pick up to about 50% power, but if you are just bashing around they are fine.

clevelandmodels right? think I ordered at least 6 of these with them.

waterproof and 20T, reverse as mentioned before, little slow on the take but hey for these prices.

clevelandmodels right? think I ordered at least 6 of these with them.

waterproof and 20T, reverse as mentioned before, little slow on the take but hey for these prices.

Ebay actually, 2 for £30. Thanks for the info chaps, 2 on their way as we speak!

If the seller is Geegs, that's Cleveland Models. The guy that runs it is one of the most helpful I've met. (If you happen to be reading this, I apologise for forgetting your name)

Tony

THEY ARRIVED THIS MORNING!! One thing I am unsure about though, the instructions say 'make sure the motor is fitted with 2 motor capacitors (0.1uF), one from each terminal. My new Holiday Buggy 380 motor doesn't seem to have anything on the terminals, not sure if any of my other cars do either, are they built in or is this something else I need to buy?

If the seller is Geegs, that's Cleveland Models. The guy that runs it is one of the most helpful I've met. (If you happen to be reading this, I apologise for forgetting your name)

Tony

Yes it was GEGGS2003. Bought Thursday PM, arrived Friday AM, Cheapest on Ebay. Can't ask for more than that!

THEY ARRIVED THIS MORNING!! One thing I am unsure about though, the instructions say 'make sure the motor is fitted with 2 motor capacitors (0.1uF), one from each terminal. My new Holiday Buggy 380 motor doesn't seem to have anything on the terminals, not sure if any of my other cars do either, are they built in or is this something else I need to buy?

Ive used the sport 20 on a couple of brushed motors and never needed anything extra, but theyve always,been 540s. Not sure theres anything different with a 380?

Ive used the sport 20 on a couple of brushed motors and never needed anything extra, but theyve always,been 540s. Not sure theres anything different with a 380?

Yeah emailed the guy I bought them from and he said all motors have them inbuilt.