Sign in to follow this  
ideal2k

I want a new touring car - but which one?

Hi guys, it's time for another update :unsure:

I had a bit of an accident while assembling the universal shafts, and stabbed myself with the hex driver, basicly did my finger in pretty good, so I had to wait until now to finish the car ;)

I haven't installed any electronics yet.

I went with the Mazda Speed 6 body from Protoform, and mounted some Sweep 24's, which they say are for temperatures below 20c. PaintedTamiya Fluorescent green backed with white, should be easy to spot when driving :)

Tomorrow I should get the electronics mounted, and perhaps give it a bit of a spin at the local track.

From building the S411, I have to say it is brilliant to build it.

But I do not like the shocks. The shocks come half-assembled, without oil in them.

The lower cap (that has the shaft through it) has a horrible cap-to-body seal design, basicly the lower cap has a large seal that seals against the body.

It is designed in such a way that it basicly is only possible to assemble a shock once, if you unscrew the cap, and try to screw it back in, it destroys the seal. I'll have to order some new ones, the ones I have now are barely hanging in there, might be good enough for a few test runs though.

I might end up switching to the Tamiya shocks.

I've bought a soldering iron (I don't have all my tools here in Spain), so tomorrow it's time to fit the electronics :)

s411_1.JPG

s411_2.JPG

s411_3.JPG

post-2025-1325913588_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1325913616_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1325913633_thumb.jpg