Sign in to follow this  
MadInventor

Top Force Re-re Vs Avante Re-re

As the desctription says, in stock trim which car is the better engineered, has the best handling, etc.

Never owned either car so interested to hear peoples opinion as to which is best. (not counting looks or collectability, just looking at 'on track' and off road performance.

The avante was supposed to be the engineering pinnacle, but many considered it over engineered, the top force was a later, simpler design, so I'm guessing the Top Force would be the better performer.

What do you all think ?????

Top Force was a better car, it was simpler and lighter. Avante, although heavily engineered, was a pig (in terms of weight) and handling.

Niether were top performers though back in the days though ...

Top Force was a better car, it was simpler and lighter. Avante, although heavily engineered, was a pig (in terms of weight) and handling.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. Shame the top force re-re is so difficult to get hold of now. Still, it's a lot easier to find and get parts for than old kyosho or schumacher......

Perhaps a Manta Ray + hop ups is a viable option....... <_<

I had great success with a modified Avante here in the middle of Norway back in the late 80`s early 90`s against Schumacher Cats and Kyosho Optimas.

I used some parts from the Egress an gold Kyosho dampers. If I remember correct it weighted in just above 1600g. We used 16x2 brushed motors and 1700mah batteries.

I also raced a Kyosho Otima mid lwb and a Turbo Optima, but I liked the Avante best.

I guess if both were in stock form, the Top force would win ..

I had great success with a modified Avante here in the middle of Norway back in the late 80`s early 90`s against Schumacher Cats and Kyosho Optimas.

I used some parts from the Egress an gold Kyosho dampers. If I remember correct it weighted in just above 1600g. We used 16x2 brusched motors and 1700mah batteries.

I also raced a Kyosho Otima mid lwb and a Turbo Optima, but I liked the Avante best.

I guess if both were in stock form, the Top force would win ..

Exactly,, Avante series are giving excellent performance and out-come when they are modified or Hop-Up Been installed....

( all cars, with exact modification, can give excellent results )

cheers

Alot of people just want to repeat what others say: ie the Avante is too heavy and complicated etc. True, but with proper tuning ie shock oils, shock piston holes, springs, and height adjustment the avante can be made to run and turn pretty well. With its limited front suspenesion big jumps are an issue. But the Avante can run with the big boys of the era when probably set up. Add the egress narrow wheels and she will turn that much better. Yes a Top Force with the same driver will show its "tail lights" but it will be close. With modern parts from the Re-re you can run the Avante hard and not worry :P

[quote name='TenzoR' date='Dec 2 2011, 10:29 PM'

Funny Jamie booth became 4wd brca national champion with a topforce/mantaray.... And that was against yoke's and lazers and procats