Sign in to follow this  
ChrissyH

Clodbuster question.

I just picked up a vintage Clodbuster, which I was going to restore but have decided not to bother as I have picked up a couple more projects along the way. It came with two front grills, one is a chrome one piece with the Ford logo on it, the other is a two piece, top half chrome with proper lights. My question is, which is the original one, and am I right in thinking the Ford one is rarer? The back of the body also has the Ford logo. I am going to bung it on ebay but want it to go with the correct grill. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

The real vintage Clod should have a Chevy "bow tie" logo and not Ford. Sounds like a mismatch of parts to me. :)

The real vintage Clod should have a Chevy "bow tie" logo and not Ford. Sounds like a mismatch of parts to me. :)

Aah thanks, done a bit more research, I'm new to this, I think I may have made a boo boo here, the shell is the old 'rigid type ' material, it definitely says Ford on the tailgate, has a rectangular hole behind the rear window , in the flat bed. it also has sort of bulging out rear wheel arches, maybe I bought a cloddie with a different body, could be a Blackfoot, but looking at them, they dont seem to have the bulging arches! Anyway what ever it is, its going on Ebay now.!!

Are there holes in the bed for a roll bar?

Could also be a Ford Ranger shell - check the colour of the shell under the paint - Blue plastic = Ranger

Ford Ranger; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=27

Blackfoot; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=58

Blackfoot shouldn't have a rectangular hole in it (unless it's a homemade hole)

Blackfoot - at least 7 round holes

rbf1.jpg

Ranger - rectangular hole, plus one circular and one oval hole

rbf2.jpg

Clod grille;

rbf3.jpg

Thanks Twinset, mystery solved. Its definitely a Ford Ranger. Now here is my new dilema..... should I sell the body on its own, its in good shape but needs painting, OR should I just bung it back on the Clodbuster and sell the whole thing as a going concern?

I'd sell the Ranger shell and look for a Clod replacement - if it's in good nick it's still a fairly desirable lump of plastic

If you're gonna sell the whole thing, I'd split them into two lots - the two respective trucks have their own fans and you'll probably get more

Thanks Twinset, mystery solved. Its definitely a Ford Ranger. Now here is my new dilema..... should I sell the body on its own, its in good shape but needs painting, OR should I just bung it back on the Clodbuster and sell the whole thing as a going concern?

Given the relative rarity of the ranger shell, you might well find someone on here who would be willing to swap the ranger shell for a clod shell, or maybe even a new super clod body kit if the ranger shell is not damaged.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not really into big stuff like this, so think I will split them and sell them separately. Let you know how it goes :P