mike_o

M-stick chassis

The project took another step. I have replaced the shock springs and filled with some medium weight damper oil. They still feel quite soft, but then again, the car only weighs 750gr rtr (without the 70 gr body). I also added a front bumber and the antennae mount.

dec23_2011003.jpg

The front to rear weight is 330/410gr, which is not quite what I wanted, but it's difficult to move anything further back. The receiver, perhaps, but then I need to extend the servo cable.

I have done a little driving in the living room, but there's a small bug in the ESCs. I have removed the power capacitors, but with parallel ESCs, I'm getting some disturbances. There also the ECS lag to fix, but since I'm awaiting the smaller ESCs with the mail anyday now, I'll probably just wait till they arrive before doing any adjustment.

I have set the steering-to-throttle mixer to 12% which seems about right for the living room, but if I crank it up to 15 -16%, the car can do standing turns :-))))

Re-fitted capacitors to the ESC and solved the disturbance problem. Also did a small VIDEO doing a slo-mo donut. Because ESC reverse power is set at 50%, the car tends to creep a bit forwards while rotating...

vlcsnap-131296.png

I love how lightweight this vehicle is! I didn't quite understand what was going on in the video; was that zero throttle and full steering lock?

-Paul

Paul,

yes, that was zero throttle and full steering lock. I believe I can bring the weight down even further, when installing the new ESCs and trimming the chassis. Sub-750gr RTR with chassis should be possible.