netsmithUK

Tamiyaclub & Pirates of the Caribbean at the Movies

OK some of you may be sick of hearing about these great couple of days out, but there are a lot of members joined since this was first posted.

Just a bit of background.

Out of the blue I got an email from a lady at an advertising agency wanting some help with filming an advert. I naturally assumed it was a complete hoax and that was nearly the end of it. Luckily I checked them out and it all turned out to be legit. Couple of weeks later me and a bunch of other members from the club found ourselves sitting in the middle of a hired forest (Where they also filmed Gladiator) taking part in an advert

It was a great laugh and ended up being shown nationally before the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie - you may have seen it and not even realised.

Here are some pics (I uploaded live from the site - in the days before that was dead easy, in fact in the days before iphones even existed)

there is also a link to the final video. (be sure to watch it to the very end)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/webcam.asp

All in all, its been one of the more random things that have happened to me because of the club :(

Chris

Cool, Who lost the Rock Paper Scissors game, someones Frog got Higheeled :(

James

That was the one model the film company bought - got a feeling it was actually a grasshopper or hornet chassis. They knew they wanted it smashing so it was rigged to break particularly easily.

The model dragging the woman by the hair was my Tourag XC with a corvette body on it. Took quite a while to get the hair out of the UJs.

Have you put the pic's on facebook ?. I think it may be a good idea .

It was a mental day - helluva crack and fantastic weather - and about 20 minutes 'work' in between - Hard to believe it was 4 1/2 years ago :(

For more pics, search 'mail on sunday' HERE

It was a mental day - helluva crack and fantastic weather - and about 20 minutes 'work' in between - Hard to believe it was 4 1/2 years ago :(

For more pics, search 'mail on sunday' HERE

Yep it was great to meet everyone at the filming! It was a fun few days!! As you say can't believe it was that long ago seems like just last year B)

Ant

That was the one model the film company bought - got a feeling it was actually a grasshopper or hornet chassis. They knew they wanted it smashing so it was rigged to break particularly easily.

The model dragging the woman by the hair was my Tourag XC with a corvette body on it. Took quite a while to get the hair out of the UJs.

Slowed down the video link! It was definately a Frog! Very cool to be involved in something like this way to go guys!

OSR