94eg!

84270 Avante Black Special

Just an FYI, Official details are up on TamiyaUSA for the Avante Black Special. Looks like it will include black Egress wheels too. Of course they just re-labeled the cr@p GT motor that came with the 2011, but whatever...

Better production photos can be seen here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=84270

avante.JPG

The Tamiya Avante was re-released in early 2011. The original R/C kit was released in 1988. To commemorate 35 years in producing Radio Control products, this version of Tamiya's Avante (2011) off-road buggy now comes as a limited edition Black Special. This special kit comes with Item 84256 Avante (2011) Racing Steering Set and Item 84257 Avante (2011) Torque Splitter Set. Also included are: Item 53005 Avante Lightweight Narrow Wheels and Item 53006 Avante Lightweight Wide Wheels.

Specs and Features

- 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.

- Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (Lightweight Black Wheels: Front & Rear x 2pcs. each)

- Carbon-fiber upper & lower decks and rear damper shock towers included.

- Aluminum front steering knuckles offer increased strength and rigidity compared to the cast aluminum version offered with the 1988 release.

- Included Spike tires are mounted on fluorescent pink wheels.

- Includes a 25T brushed motor featuring a special label.

Lovely, although the photos don't do this one much justice either. It looked stunning in the Tamiya Fair video.

The wheels are very pink!

(Lightweight Black Wheels: Front & Rear x 2pcs. each) + Egress Tires......

thats great.....this will solve the wheels & tires for Egress,,,,,but since this Black edition is limited,,,then quickly it comes rare and high in price.. loooool

:(;):(B)

Interesting that despite the high price tag it still does not come with the Vajra front & rear ball diffs....

Are the diffs different to those in the Egress?

I would consider buying the kit just for the wheels.

T-USA's description of them with the Vajra is "newly designed" so presumably so.

Cool. I'll be starting my Egress rebuild in the new year and will get these diffs along with the modern CVDs and gold metal steering arm thingy. I've got a 2011 Avante but haven't decided whether I'll build it yet. In some photos the wheels look more red than pink. I do hope they will be nice and pink as my Egress is going to be a lime green colour.

Cool. I'll be starting my Egress rebuild in the new year and will get these diffs along with the modern CVDs and gold metal steering arm thingy. ---- I do hope they will be nice and pink as my Egress is going to be a lime green colour.

Can't wait to see this mate :mellow:

NIP Egress wheels are already hitting ebay! lol

£49.99 for a pair of rears, embarrassing lol

A very interesting Q??????

Why Avante and No Vanquish or Egress Re-re?????

we have seen so far 2 Avantes , and NO even single news about Vanquish or Egress Re-Re??

Hope some one has an answer

regards

I think there are quite significant differences between the Avante and Egress/Vanquish. Its not like recolouring the Avante or dreaming up some gash looking 4X4 from the parts bin.

I honestly don't see the Egress or other car based on that chassis getting a re-re.

I'm confused by this one when it comes to the wheels. It comes with Red/pink wheels and then goes on to say it also comes with lightweight Avante wheels (53005 and 53006) which are white. Then it says that bonus parts included are Egress wheels. Is this car coming with three sets of wheels???

Mark

Did they add the front shock tower brace on the 2011? I don't see it on the 2001...

It's missing on the chassis pic from the Tamiya America site...

Never noticed before - Paranoid Perry has a digital dashboard and a knight rider steering wheel!

here is some pics about the new edition Black special, i am very disapointed.

i think it were less class than the original one, what do you think ?

post-25241-1323985165_thumb.jpg

post-25241-1323985212_thumb.jpg

Did they add the front shock tower brace on the 2011? I don't see it on the 2001...

It's missing on the chassis pic from the Tamiya America site...

The 2001 doesn't have shock tower braces (if that's what you meant). The 1988, 2011 & BS all DO have them. The chassis pic on the BS doesn't show them because they have to be removed to take the body off. They are in the pic with the body on.

BTW: The wheels are definitely fluro pink (called Hot-Pink in the 80's). Fluro colors just don't usually come across well in photographs.

tam94561.jpg

I'm confused by this one when it comes to the wheels. It comes with Red/pink wheels and then goes on to say it also comes with lightweight Avante wheels (53005 and 53006) which are white. Then it says that bonus parts included are Egress wheels. Is this car coming with three sets of wheels???

Mark

Thought it was the supershot that was getting the white wheels as an option, and the BS Avante (What an acronym :mellow: ) is coming with the black wheels.

Apart from the barbie wheels I think the look of it is very good. I think I'd have gone with either white, black, or gold plated wheels though. Either way too expensive for my wallet though :mellow:

The Egress was planned for re issue two years ago (the plan, not the issue), to come along after the Avante. This black version of the Avante has been issued in its place. A Vanquish re issue isn't on the cards.

Unsurprisingly, lots of people are now putting their Egress tyres on eBay for sale.

Paul.

Mine are already all sold. I haven't made any more reproduction ones. I have kept the silver Hotshot ones I made though, because I think they go better with the Supershot silver body than the gold ones.

Paul.