94eg!

84270 Avante Black Special

For those guys who bought this BS,,,hope to see building thread soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.. :)

I would wager the fronts are way too big. Avante dampers are small diameter and the fronts are very short (so they can lay down very flat). Even the Hi-Caps had to include a new front shock tower for them to fit the Avante. If your going to try custom shock towers, then I would say anything is possible. At least maybe a tall Egress front damper stay.

will i can imagine the Hop-Up hi-cap front with the shock tower + rear Hi-cap, will look amazing :)

got the manual!

84270 AVANTE Black Special

password is ronisize

have fun!

many thsnks for the Manual....looks same as avante 2011 only change is ( steering plate + torque splitter + wheels and tires )..

and strange,,the Titanium Screws are not included.. B)

but i want to comment on some thing ;),,,,the Egress manual & parts still on the top :)

I already have a 2011. I'm thinking about buying the BS because A) I want the pink wheels for my Egress and :blink: I actually want a build an Avante from new.

However, I'm wondering if the BS would be the one not to build because its limited in supply it might be worth more in the future unbuilt than the 2011.

Also, are the diffs a new design? Would a set of these be worth buying for an Egress restoration project?

I already have a 2011. I'm thinking about buying the BS because A) I want the pink wheels for my Egress and :blink: I actually want a build an Avante from new.

However, I'm wondering if the BS would be the one not to build because its limited in supply it might be worth more in the future unbuilt than the 2011.

Also, are the diffs a new design? Would a set of these be worth buying for an Egress restoration project?

get ur self 2: 1 for building & 1 for future selling :(

good news is that my Avante BS arrived but bad news is the outer box is a little crushed. So, I've decided I'm definitely going to build it now.

Regarding the damage, I emailed the HK seller who basically is not interested (not their fault)

The standard of packaging was poor (very weak outer box)

I usually buy new kits from Stella but they were out of stock when I tried to order. l will definitely try to stick with Stella for future (packaging has always been excellent)

Oh, and I also got hit with customs charges for the first time! So, all round a bit of a mess with this delivery but despite all that I'm still very happy!!

good news is that my Avante BS arrived but bad news is the outer box is a little crushed. So, I've decided I'm definitely going to build it now.

Regarding the damage, I emailed the HK seller who basically is not interested (not their fault)

I usually buy new kits from Stella but they were out of stock when I tried to order. l will definitely try to stick with Stella for future (packaging has always been excellent)

Oh, and I also got hit with customs charges for the first time! So, all round a bit of a mess with this delivery but despite all that I'm still very happy!!

hope to see building thread soon :)

Anyone else thoroughly hacked off with Stella models? I paid for my BS Avante back on the 2nd January after relentlessly emailing them for a release date and checking their website daily.

Turns out despite being right up there at the front of the queue and Stella having sold nearly 50 of these kits already they send me an email (with pictures attached of course) giving me a choice of the last three kits!!!! The best one of the bunch was in a sorry state, it looked as though a Tiger had used the front of the box as a scratching post! I was so angry i nearly threw my laptop out the window!!!

May just be an anomaly as Stella are usually spot on but this doesn't change things from my perspective. Yes i can still get one, it means paying an ebay seller $40 more than Stella sold them for but the whole point of Stella and the reason i went to them is because of their packaging which is more than lacking from the majority of other HK sellers unfortunately.

Not good but I still think Stella is probably one of the best sellers out there. At least you know the kit (if you can get it) will arrive in the same condition it left in. I only used another seller because Stella was sold out.

Out of interest, was Stella offering the damaged kits at a reduced price?

Paul, why don't you just wait for Stella's 2nd batch?

Sounds like the demand for this one has really caught everyone off guard. Here we are just after Christmas in the middle of the worst financial climate for nearly a century and loads of people are still shelling out big money in their droves on these things. Very encouraging looking at the big picture but very frustrating if your one of the unfortunate ones to miss out on the 1st batch even though you pre-ordered.

I doubt that this scratching issue is solely an issue with Stella's kits though.

can u take some photos of the damaged outer box

can u take some photos of the damaged outer box

Just added to my showroom

I might do Andy but right now Stella can go play in the traffic. Thoroughly disappointed with them this time around.

well, i think those damaged kits are not from shipping. These might be already received to Stella like this ( few defected kit )....but even-though,,they should at least warn/inform u about the condition..

Stella have had warnings on their website for the last three days about creased boxes on a number of kits - sounds like they got a bad delivery themselves. Anyone wanting a perfect box for long term NIB storage should wait for another batch or stomach the price and buy locally.

Stella have had warnings on their website for the last three days about creased boxes on a number of kits - sounds like they got a bad delivery themselves. Anyone wanting a perfect box for long term NIB storage should wait for another batch or stomach the price and buy locally.

Exactly,,,Stella are professionals, i was doubted about such a cases ...

Perhaps you are right, might just grab a u.k one but then they won't come with the bonus wheels which is what i wanted.

OHHHHHH WHY????

isnt international version??

Got mine today from RCMart. Nicely packaged, no damage, no import/VAT. I got caught with import/VAT on my last kit so I guess its just how the luck works out.

2012-01-13181116.jpg

2012-01-13181125.jpg

Got mine today from RCMart. Nicely packaged, no damage, no import/VAT. I got caught with import/VAT on my last kit so I guess its just how the luck works out.

Lucky Lucky , mine from Rcmart is not arrived yet

i expect it will arrive like yours :)

So Stella has already received and sold their first batch, while here in the USA Tower Hobbies hasn't received the first batch yet from TamiyaUSA. I can't wait!! :)

Can you post some shots with the box lid off? thanks