Tamiya Era

Egress NIB --New Building Project

Heeeeeelllllllooooooooooooo

Well, i was thinking a loooooooooooot about building this NIB Beast, and i was really hesitated,,,but since i am not going to sell it and instead of being in box ( and that would be for looong time )...

i decided to hold my heart and build it before getting old and loose the enjoyment.....loooool

I am going to use all the Hop-Up parts for it :rolleyes: :

1)- Posi-Joints ( Front & Rear )

2)- Rear Sponge

3)- Spring set..( as per the back of the pack, Front: Stif & Rear: Soft )

4)- Dynatech 02H

5)- 7010W Rotor for Dynatech 02H Motor

6)- 12T , Steel Pinion Gear

7)- Medium Set Damper oil..

The body already done as it is going to be White....... B)

I removed the original Gold Springs since will use the Hip-Up one.

Here are some photos:

20111218_201331.jpg

NIB.jpg

NIB_1.jpg

20111218_201915.jpg

20111218_201847.jpg

This will be a comprehensive guide as I am going to follow the Egress Manual 100% for easier, clear & more accurate follow-up specially for those who r new to Egress Building :)

Hope to see advices and new ideas if any ;)

BTW: This is my ( before last ) project....... :) -- :D

cheers

Hi, I can only advice that you should not run the 02H with the CPR unit.

The CPR unit is simply not rated for enough amps to run a 13 turn motor, and would meet with an untimely death very swiftly.

Hi, I can only advice that you should not run the 02H with the CPR unit.

The CPR unit is simply not rated for enough amps to run a 13 turn motor, and would meet with an untimely death very swiftly.

You r right bro,,,,

i forgot to mention.,,,this will be a Shelf Queen :( and i might not install the CPR on it,, only the motor for the display and yea,, why should i apply a sticker on the chassis for this!!!. No need for it . loool..

i will use it on my another coming project :D

ahhh very nice, like the white body too :(

let me know if u don't need the box :D

And let me know if you don't need the extra decal sheet? :(

The repro decals I bought for mine are garbage so I'm looking for decals again.

Enjoy the experience mate, I look forward to following your progress. Any Egress build is exciting yet alone from NIB. Good luck!

And let me know if you don't need the extra decal sheet? :D

The repro decals I bought for mine are garbage so I'm looking for decals again.

Enjoy the experience mate, I look forward to following your progress. Any Egress build is exciting yet alone from NIB. Good luck!

Hi Mate,,,,,,,,sure why not...:(

well, i am planning also for last New Shel-Queen Project ( and of course, Full Hop-Up....loool ),,,,so far i didn't decided which one will be: ( Egress?Vanquish?Avante? ),,,,but will let you know if my project will be other than Egress, then we can discuss about it :D

So, how it is going with your Egress...? :D

Cheers

Hope u can bear with me for the process of this project, as it is going to be little slow but i will do my best to make it continuous and with steps follow-Up,,as you know we are at the end of the year,, and for sales people it is a disaster. looooooooooooooool

no time, no concentration.....huuuuh.... :(:D

Also, i would be happy during my steps to be corrected and sdviced, if i missed some point,,, :D ( i mean: missing steps or photos ).. :D....and not wrong building. lool

all the best

I may be naive?, but what's the go with the prepainted body shell? Was it a special release or something?

I may be naive?, but what's the go with the prepainted body shell? Was it a special release or something?

The Pre-Painted Body shell was for Shelf Queen Egress, and since it is new and i don't have White body shell collection , i though of using it and save my new Body Shell :)

The Pre-Painted Body shell was for Shelf Queen Egress, and since it is new and i don't have White body shell collection , i though of using it and save my new Body Shell :)

Makes sense now, cheers

We so need a re-re of the Egress now, its by far my favourite since I was about 10! It is the only one apart from a re-re 3 speed, I think I would pay any serious money for

expect it to be around £300 or more for egress kit alone and it will either come with no motor or one like avante has.

Is there any weakness's in the egress tamiya would need to sort if they were to re-re it?

...i decided to hold my heart and build it before getting old and loose the enjoyment...

Amazing really.

I haven't seen one of these built on TC for about a decade then there's a restore, then this and you wouldn't believe it... I'm also about to build an Egress from NIB. I was going to chronicle it but then this thread popped up lol.

I will be watching closely... :)

Amazing really.

I haven't seen one of these built on TC for about a decade then there's a restore, then this and you wouldn't believe it... I'm also about to build an Egress from NIB. I was going to chronicle it but then this thread popped up lol.

I will be watching closely... :)

ohhh amazing Mate,,,,,,,,,,,,you can share your NIB building here ( i dont mind ),,,at least we can be working together and sharing more ideas ;)

Have to say I have alot of respect for those that are prepared to build a NIB Egress. It's going to cost you like 75% of the value of the thing just to build it!

I'm doing a resto Egress in the new year. If I had a NIB I don't think I could build it - I've had an Avante 2011 for a year now and haven't decided if I'm going to build it and they aren't exactly in short supply right now :)

Really looking forward to the build pics.

Have to say I have alot of respect for those that are prepared to build a NIB Egress. It's going to cost you like 75% of the value of the thing just to build it!

I'm doing a resto Egress in the new year. If I had a NIB I don't think I could build it - I've had an Avante 2011 for a year now and haven't decided if I'm going to build it and they aren't exactly in short supply right now :D

Really looking forward to the build pics.

With respect to your idea mate,,, i dont care about money ( gain or loose ) as long as i am happy and enjoying... :D;)

building NIB is completely different from Restoration ( specially when u open the new sealed packs & blisters ) :)

Amazing really.

I will be watching closely... ;)

Beauty, does this mean that you are reunited with your many Egress? Wasn't there some distance between you?

Please build it. Then you can look at it placed next to the box. :) Double the fun.

Don't want to thread-jack but it's polite to reply...

ohhh amazing Mate,,,,,,,,,,,,you can share your NIB building here ( i dont mind ),,,at least we can be working together and sharing more ideas :lol:

Nice one, we can swap tips and compare notes... :P

Beauty, does this mean that you are reunited with your many Egress? Wasn't there some distance between you?

Please build it. Then you can look at it placed next to the box. :lol: Double the fun.

This will be a NIB build and I'm going back to NZ on holiday in Feb. I think I'll bring my "restore" Egress back with me and part it out... somebody will be able to turn a 2011 Avante into an Egress with the parts I have... and then I'll still have some spare! :rolleyes:

Don't want to thread-jack but it's polite to reply...

Nice one, we can swap tips and compare notes... :lol:

This will be a NIB build and I'm going back to NZ on holiday in Feb. I think I'll bring my "restore" Egress back with me and part it out... somebody will be able to turn a 2011 Avante into an Egress with the parts I have... and then I'll still have some spare! :rolleyes:

and don't forget mate what i kindly request u from NZ :lol:

and don't forget mate what i kindly request u from NZ :lol:

Yes, I have a few requests and will process them in the order received... you're at the top if I recall correctly... :rolleyes:

BTW Masami is selling a box-load of NIB Egress parts and Hop-Ups at the moment in the for sale section... include NIP Posi-Joints at a great price. I'd pick them up if I didn't already have some. He has pictures available. I took a leap of faith and grabbed his NIB Egress for a killer price... lol second one I've purchased in a month. He provided dated photos and a tracking number so seems legit.

Yes, I have a few requests and will process them in the order received... you're at the top if I recall correctly... :rolleyes:

BTW Masami is selling a box-load of NIB Egress parts and Hop-Ups at the moment in the for sale section... include NIP Posi-Joints at a great price. I'd pick them up if I didn't already have some. He has pictures available. I took a leap of faith and grabbed his NIB Egress for a killer price... lol second one I've purchased in a month. He provided dated photos and a tracking number so seems legit.

yea,, i am at the top of the list :P

yea,,, Masami is a great person and nice dealer :lol: ,,already bought some items from him :lol:

:lol:

Hey guys, thank you for the sweet words for me... Shipping is on the way... enjoy. Remember that I've a lot of parts for Egress-Avante-Vanquish, including super rare black wheels for Egress... very good price

Hey guys, thank you for the sweet words for me... Shipping is on the way... enjoy. Remember that I've a lot of parts for Egress-Avante-Vanquish, including super rare black wheels for Egress... very good price

Most Welcome Dear.... :rolleyes:

Highly recommended ... :lol:

Ok guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the building process will start in few days............. :rolleyes:

Stay Tuned

Am watching... :lol: