ridepate

Little help please.

First off let me introduce my self. My first R/C car was in 1979, a LaTrax Corvette. Have had G-Hoppers, Frogs, S-Scorcher, Fox and many other things through the years.

I've just started a little collection and need help/advise with this one in perticular. It's a NIB Ford F-150 Staduim truck.

1- Where can I find some instructions?? That was all that's missing. I can probably build it without them but would rather have the book.

2- My thoughts were to build it and equip it with modern-day electronics. 2.4 radio, ESC.

3- Will I de-value it buy building it?

4- I'm guessing this is vintage 91 to 93, is that close??

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Jimbo

qod06v.jpg

dnc8px.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

1- Where can I find some instructions??

Any TA01, Ta02 , Are the same, Well building the rolling chassis. Manual on the main site.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/manuals.asp

Yes as any model, But Tamiya still make this kit, Not sure if it's a RE RE , Or they never stoped making it.

About right, If Tamiya did stop making it. Then the RE RE, Came along.

Andy (skinner2)

you won't "devalue" it by building it.

It will become a useable r/c truck rather than a box of useless parts ;)

welcome to the club mate :)

Thanks guys. The body has 1993 molded-in so does the pan. Guess it does not mean it was produced in 93 really tho.

Thanks guys. The body has 1993 molded-in so does the pan. Guess it does not mean it was produced in 93 really tho.

No that just means the mould was created in '93.

- James

1- Where can I find some instructions?? That was all that's missing. I can probably build it without them but would rather have the book.

heres the manual of the re release same car

2- My thoughts were to build it and equip it with modern-day electronics. 2.4 radio, ESC.

2.4 is fine, waterproof the receiver

nope not realy collectable, they sold this car till 2010 then couple month nothing then the rerelease

anything between 93 and 2010

get ballbearings, a steel rrp pinion, an aluminium motormount (gpm), strengthened drive shaft and a waterproof esc like the mtroniks sport 20 and your all set.

have fun it is a nice car.

the standard silvercan with a 16T pinion is fast enough to roll the car when cornering on full speed,

if you want to do 'slow' offroad driving you could put the ball diff in front, lock the gear diff and put this in the rear.

oh before you buy NiMH or Lipo, try if they fit in the car, some newer stickpacks are a thiny bit bigger

heres the manual of the re release same car

2.4 is fine, waterproof the receiver

nope not realy collectable, they sold this car till 2010 then couple month nothing then the rerelease

anything between 93 and 2010

get ballbearings, a steel rrp pinion, an aluminium motormount (gpm), strengthened drive shaft and a waterproof esc like the mtroniks sport 20 and your all set.

have fun it is a nice car.

the standard silvercan with a 16T pinion is fast enough to roll the car when cornering on full speed,

if you want to do 'slow' offroad driving you could put the ball diff in front, lock the gear diff and put this in the rear.

oh before you buy NiMH or Lipo, try if they fit in the car, some newer stickpacks are a thiny bit bigger

Where can I find the bearing-kit??

Where can I find the bearing-kit??

This truck takes a TA01 bearing set. About $12-$15 on ebay for a full set.

I scanned the manual for this model a few years ago when it wasn't available anywhere. The re-re is identical besides some different colour plastics (red vs blue).

IP4000 Li-Po stick packs will fit into the chassis, but they are 3mm longer than Ni-MH packs. It takes shaving some plastic from the backside of the battery stopper. Once fitted you'd never notice it was modified. If you use Li-Po packs be sure to use an ESC with a built in low voltage cutoff or use an external cutoff or alarm (Tamiya ESCs do not have a Li-Po cutoff - Theirs are for Li-FE. 5.0v vs 6.0v cutoff voltage).

Steel pinion part numbers are RRP1116 or ARW0600-16. The size is 0.6 module. Toss the kit supplied aluminium pinion in the trash, it's useless.

Well found and ordered the bearing kit. Guess I should have studied-up a little more before buying this one. At least I know it's not RE-RE due to the red-plastics. I'm gonna build it and sell it.

Since this kit is not real valuable I'm gonna bash it............ One of my neighbors sons has a Trashxas, I mean Traxxas, Slash Brushless 2wd truck he thinks was sent from heaven, I've got a point to prove.....

I'm gonna loose the FWD and go brushless......... :rolleyes: